INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping start issues  (Read 1842 times)

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
Ripping start issues
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:20:27 pm »

I have used JRiver now for about 5-6 years and always the latest version. Overall it has served me well except for some small hickups though and then that has been solved with help of this forum. But there is one very disturbing issue that started about 3 or 4 years ago and is still there in spite of version changes.

Whenever I turn on JRiver and want to rip a CD and put in the CD to read, the title that come up in the action window is a CD I ripped many years ago. It always come "Rossini Barber of Seville - CD4", which is the title on a CD I ripped 3-4 years ago. I have to fiddle around for 10 minutes or so cancelling, open, put in the CD in tray again... back and forth before eventually start ripping. Once I started it works putting in a new cd to rip, and another and so on. It is only the first ripping after start up.

Obviously there is a file/title that is always coming up and override the real cd blocking me to start the ripping. It is always the same Rossini file.

Any tip on where to find this blocking file/title?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Ripping start issues
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:17:36 pm »

I don't recognize that problem.  What is the full version of MC that you're using?

Do you have another drive or another machine you can try?

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 04:55:03 pm »

I have always had the latest update of JRiver. Now I have 22.0.32 (I checked last week and it said that I have the latest). However the problem has been for about 3 years (2013) and the version you had at that time I can't say, Maybe 19
or 20?

I still have the same computer (HP Laptop) that I today run in W10 but at that time I had W8.1. The DAC I use today is an Aesthetix Pandorra but I have used other ones as well. This does not reveal anything. I have also changed hard disk during this time but this does not have any impact.

I have another laptop in my office and I am quite sure that if should install JRiver there it should disappear, but I want to use the one I have. In my view the file must be hidden somewhere but I can't find where. Just before this PM I loaded ad Madeleine Peyroux CD for ripping, just to show you. As you can see at the bottom left inside the red circle, I get Rossinis Barber of Seville, which I ripped 2013. This is blocking the real content of the CD I want to rip.

I hope you can help me with this.

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 03:14:56 pm »

Finally... I found the issu. :)

The Rossini file that always block my first ripping each time was coming from the "Audio -> Files" folder seen to the left in the image. When opening the "Files" tree I saw exactly the same line "Rossini: the Barber of Seville - CD4". There were also some codes before but unfortunately I never noted them; I just deleted it.

Now it works perfectly again... 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up