INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.221 beta available  (Read 7697 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.221 beta available
« on: July 24, 2003, 01:54:28 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:  

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91221.exe  

(backup your library before installing)      

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.

History:
1. Fixed: MC TV would crash after recording for about 2000 seconds.
2. Changed: MJMixerAutomation now loads / saves settings for current zone instead of zone 0.
3. Changed: Optimized mini-me drawing code.
4. Fixed: Toolbar enabled / disabled logic was not working.
5. Fixed: Toolbar "greyed" states could not honor transparency properly on some systems.
6. Changed: MC works better with ASIO drivers that aren't thread safe.
7. Fixed: List headers could not be drag-n-drop reordered.
8. Changed: Panes now work with "delete" and "select all" commands.
9. NEW: Added number of new files information to importing window.
10. NEW: Added retrieval of dimensions information for video files.
11. NEW: Media Library's Video and Image items have customized columns by default
12. Changed: Simplified Media Server connection proccess.
13. Changed: Now, attempt to connect to Media Server can be canceled.
14. NEW: Panes now remember state (selection and scroll) when navigating with forward / back.
15. Changed: Search control now remembers state when navigating with forward / back.
16. Fixed: Occasionally, Media Center would not be able to display images from Media Server.
17. Fixed: MC would not always fall back to the last library when failing to load a library.
18. Fixed: Properties window would show exact selection instead of "all or none" selection in some cases.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

Re: Media Center 9.1.221 beta available
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 01:58:27 pm »

New Request

The 9.1 introduced play controls at the top seem to cry out to have the application window be collapsable to just showing the controls and track info frame.  This would be a view mode halfway between mega-me and mini-me.  This would not involve changing the skin mode like mini-me, as much as doing a windowshade-style hiding of the frames below the player and track information.

To go back and forth between them, there could either be an extra icon in the bar next to minimize and maximize, or possibly by double-clicking on the bar.  There would ideally even be a setting to allow collapsing to happen automatically after a time, like autohiding the windows bar.  This would provide a way to reduce the desktop clutter when you aren't actively working with the MC or the library, but allow quick and seamless access to those functions when you want it.  

The way I work with editing track information is usually interatively on a song-by-song basis, so being able to go back and forth without the need to switch in and out of mini-me mode would make that process a lot more streamlined.

When collapsed, it would look something like this:

jleerigby

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 02:21:14 pm »

14. NEW: Panes now remember state (selection and scroll) when navigating with forward / back.
Thanks.

Can I just say that I can't believe that yesterday someone critised MC for the lack of new fixes / features in the new builds.  I paid $40 for this software (that's about £28 in my money) which is about half a night out where I come from.  And for that I get kick-ass software that I love to use everyday, and every other day I get a new improved version.  I'm still trying to work out how you do it.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 02:55:08 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    Failed Move Still Deletes
    Moving a non-imported mp3 via MC's My Computer that fails (e.g., in use by another program or being played by MC itself) causes the move to fail but it still deletes the original file.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  After attempting to play a radio stream, MC9 has to be restarted for any MP3 to play normally.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    MC9 Not Playing RA Streams
    Clicking on a .RAM link causes it to be played with RealOne Player rather than MC9 regardless of current file association settings.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/24  Priority: Medium
    Favorites Not Accurate
    A favorite pointing to a specific folder or drive takes you to the My Computer root rather than the location specified.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority:  Medium
    Auto Smartlists Not Retaining Sort Order
    Changing the sorting, followed by right-clicking on the header and choosing to 'Save Current View' doesn't cause the sort choice to persist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Library Backup Filename
    Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot tab between fields or hit CTRL-V when adding a station.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/15  Priority: Low
    Rating Stars Keep Focus
    Hovering above rating stars then moving to another pane leaves the stars still in hover mode (e.g., a few stars being red).

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Low
    My Computer Incorrectly Refreshes
    After moving a folder and MC refreshes, the folder appears twice in its new location.  A second refresh fixes this.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using Creative ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
    Characters Missing in Context Menu
    Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
      CD Burning Not Writing CD Text
      Audio CDs are coming up with no CD Text regardless of decode options.  PlexWriter 40/12/40A.[/s]

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/11  Priority: Medium
        Navigations Not Accurate
        Using Favorites or the Back Button just returns to the requested section rather than the actual location.[/s]

Suggestions/Requests
      • Create a virtual playlist from a cue file with track and artist names.
      • Make MC's My Computer more Explorer like by allowing files AND folders to be displayed in the main window.  It'd make moving folders around so much easier.
Toast goes in the toaster.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 02:58:15 pm »

Some problems I've found...

Firstly, if I'm in Now Playing and click the [next track] button it is not correctly updating the CD image in the lower left properties screen (although the visualisation window does update correctly with the image).  I would have thought the properties screen on the lower left should be updated when you go to the next track in Now Playing?

Secondly, If I'm connecting through the Media Server I've noticed that it is passing the folder.jpg file 6 times for each track.  Any reason why it does this ?  as I would have thought one copy of the file would have been enough ?

Thirdly, If I connect through the media server I've noticed that although the visualisations get the cover art correctly, the properties screen on the lower left just shows the name 'folder.jpg' and does not display the actual cover art (even with the media server sending the file 6 times  ::)).  

Thanks - great product

Mark
UK

MachineHead

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 03:19:51 pm »

Can this be added to Location pane as well?

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 03:26:30 pm »

Wow  8)
Tamer

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 03:33:25 pm »

The back buttons are still not working properly in web browser mode.  Use Artist Info, navigate to an album then try to use back to get back to the artist page.  MC always tries to go back to a page called h.htm.  I guess it is the header for all music pages but you can naver get back to the artist page...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Marko

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 03:58:44 pm »

Using Soundblaster Audigy Player PCI card running the latest drivers from their website.
Enable ASIO in MC, set channel to 0 (no sound on any other setting) connect to http://62.25.96.7:80/rrs/ MC displays "buffering" in the player window, then crashes out leaving a snippet in the buffer repeating endlessly. Reboot required to stop the racket.
If it's any help, the snippet in the buffer that's repeating is only coming out of the left channel.
Another thing about this stream, if I open it in wmp, it correctly displays the station identifier and tagline in its playing now display, whereas MC, connecting with directsound set in playback options, either doesn't pick it up, or doesn't display it. Not sure if this is by design or not. I have a few other radio stations saved in my library, 5 of them are .ram streams from the BBC and theres another .asf and they work fine with ASIO. Seems there's something up with this particular link. It did work in MC before the code changes mentioned earlier.
I wouldn't say this was a "showstopper" for me, but it would be nice to have it working again. I like the sound I get with ASIO enabled and this being broken is the only thing stopping me from using it. Sorry for rambling on about it, just trying to give as much info as possible.

I run MC from a shortcut set to start "minimised", and MC is set to minimise to the tray. On startup, about 3 quarters of the UI is drawn on screen, freezes for just shy of a second, then drops to the tray.

MC classifys the above mentioned .ram audio streams as video. Is there any way to get MC to officially see them as audio? I currently work around it by using "radio" as a keyword.

That "back" button developing a memory really is the business btw. Thanks for that.

Media Center Registered 9.1.221 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1611 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 544 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Pink Waters

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 04:02:30 pm »

Bugs:
  • program when restored from maximize state makes ghost vertical scroll bars in the media liberary panes.
  • Still the startup screen 9.0
  • still the program has a problem when inserting audio CD and the auto play feature of the XP for CDs is on that makes MC to shutdown.
  • Frames close/minimize..etc buttons makes shadows when clicked in some skins.
  • when internet explorer is in offline mode and opening media center it asks for dialup connection.
Tamer

Flobalob

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 04:32:44 pm »

13. Changed: Now, attempt to connect to Media Server can be canceled
Thank you, thank you!

Also, since the last couple of builds...when navigating tree view, there is a tendency, when clicking the + sign to expand a level, for the column to bounce back again. It expands then instantly shrinks back again.

Also, I have seen this posted a few time and has always been an issue in 9.1.xxx.
Some of us windows users like to keep the Windows taskbar hidden using the Auto hide checkbox in the taskbar properties.
When MC is the active full screen window, the Windows taskbar will not appear. You have to minimize MC or do the Alt-tab thing.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 04:56:35 pm »

Fixed
Date Opened: 6/18/03  
Priority: High  
DVD Playback fails
From previous build: 1. Fixed: DVD playback would fail even if it was only missing closed captioning information.
Even though not specified in fixes, it made it into this build, as promised.  Thanks and hugs to the JRiver team!

New
Priority: Medium high
Changing display mode from full to windowed during DVD playback causes PC to reboot.

Open
Date Opened: 7/9/03  
Date Modified: 7/23/03
Priority: Critical
MC crashes immediately after being minimized.
1. If MC is opened in Mini-me mode it doesn't crash when minimized from Mini-me or after being changed to Mega-me mode.
2.  MC will always crash when minimized if opened in Mega-me mode.  However, after being opened in Mega-me if it is changed to Mini-me, from that point forward it won't crash on being minimized even if it is changed back to Mega-me.

Open
Date Opened: 7/9/03  
Priority: High  
If "play" is selected in right click menu on more than 1 highlighted mp3 file in Windows Explorer
If MC is closed, it will not open to play any files  
If MC is open, it will only display and play the first file  

Open Request  
Date Opened: 6/24  
Priority: Medium  
When option to "rip" cd when media is inserted is selected, ripping starts immediately.  Would prefer the options button to be enabled so that settings could be changed on the fly before ripping is initiated.

Fulfilled Request:Thank you! Thank you!    
Date Opened: 6/24  
8. Changed: Panes now work with "delete" and "select all" commands.
Delete command in shortcut menu in pane view.  Would like to delete an album without changing to content view, selecting all tracks in the album, and right clicking on delete.

Shelly

Edited
New
File types selected in custom install are not saved

Pink Waters

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2003, 05:12:13 pm »

Another bug:

in media liberary panes list .. tracks are not sorted by track numbers and all the views are a mess.!!!

plz try to make the panes donot reset to when moving from window to window... like moving to playing now and then click back on "audio" or etc.. and get it as we left
Tamer

RemyJ

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2003, 05:31:40 pm »

I'm reverting back to 220.  In 221, the list style is locked at whatever it was set to at the time of the install.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

gmonkey

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2003, 05:36:43 pm »

I'm reverting back to 220.  In 221, the list style is locked at whatever it was set to at the time of the install.

Yes, I see the same thing here. Although I thought it was just getting stuck in thumbnail mode. It seems to be switching list styles on me (back to thumbnail mode) quite often.

Timmy_Yak

• Recent member
  • I am a Sexy Beast
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2003, 06:07:37 pm »

When I maximize the window, the bottom dissapears behind the task bar.

gmonkey

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2003, 06:24:29 pm »

I can't the TV recording or timeshifting features to work at all. As soon as I try it, MC crashes. I've allocated space and everything else I can think of.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2003, 06:57:19 pm »

I guess the RME Digi96/8 PST driver (XP) was not thread safe.  The "options/settings" when playing bug is now fixed.  Cool.

-Mike
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

gkerber

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 07:08:51 pm »

BUG - new in this build

When an item is clicked in the tree to highlight it, clicking properties (undocked or docked), NOTHNG HAPPENS.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2003, 08:45:10 pm »

I had a problem with sorting at first but after telling it, twice, what my sorting was supposed to be it righted itself.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2003, 10:30:26 pm »

Hi,

Bugs in 221 :
- List Style selection (ctrl+U) does not work as it should. I was able to switch once or twice then it is stuck.
- In Image mode when list style in details mode nothing is displayed apart form the column headers (blank pane)

- Still no warning or indication that MC will erase and replace the original file when using the resize feature thus deleting original resolution and EXIF info.

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2003, 12:27:55 am »

Runtime error during install.
The package installer indicates an error but pressing OK the process continues.
The installed MC, however, cannot play WMA files: it connects to download in_wma but can't find it.
I have Windows Mediaplayer 9 installed.

Help!!!

Media Center Registered 9.1.221 -- C:\Programmi\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
AMD Athlon 806 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 0 MB
Resource Info: System - 46 %, GDI - 52 %, User - 46 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Luigi1943

digital:rogue

• Recent member
  • insert generic tagline here.
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2003, 03:01:38 am »

Still the startup screen 9.0

I got bored tonight and fired up Fireworks to make a couple of versions of a splash screen for my personal use (Just used rubber stamp to clone out the old version, typed in a new version "version 9.1 beta"). Pretty simple

If you guys at JRiver want them to drop in the build until you get to the polishing of splash screens and graphics, I'd be happy to email them or post a link here. I didn't have the exact font used, so I created one that is quite similar and another one with a different font altogether, then added a simple drop shadow. Simple enough until someone gets time to do an official version. If not, I totally understand. They're your graphics.  ;)
.-=digital.rogue=-.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Veazer

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2003, 03:29:06 am »

Skinning bug: Control/component positions are dependant on font size

Try this:

1) Change Mega-skin to Green Eyes (most visible on this skin due to the background gradient)
2) Change font to Tahoma 12 point or larger
3) Close MC program and re-open

Notice that the corners of many components are visible because they no longer align with the background gradient. The volume control is beginning to be pushed behind the tree. Changing to even higher font sizes can completely hide the controls.

Now try this:

1) Change font to Tahoma 8 point.
2) Close MC and re-open

Now notice that all controls are perfectly aligned. Based on my experimentation, it seems like the skins are designed for 8-point font use. Changing to beyond 8 point, even 10 point, will also cause the bottom of certain letters (g,j,p,q,y) to be cut off in the playing now box . I forget what the 'dangling' part of those letters is called.

Also, the fact that MC should be closed and re-opened after a font change might be considered a bug. I don't mind it.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2003, 06:52:59 am »

I'm not sure when this got snuck in or if I just missed it but I'm really glad to see that WinAmp-style keyboard commands are activated in Mini-Me mode.

But speaking of Mini-Me mode:

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Mini-Me Playlist Columns
    When changing tracks by hand in Mini-Me mode (either via the keyboard or mouse), the track name column resizes itself to be very small, pulling the time column in with it.  http://www.misrule.org/junk/minime.jpg

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2003, 06:54:02 am »

Under Audio view, when I right click on a song and select Locate>Artist (or Album), all that happens is the view jumps up to Media Library (in the left hand pane).  This problem was not in .219...

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2003, 07:03:17 am »

WARNING! MC9.1beta has a REALLY nasty bug:

If you drag and drop a directory using My Computer and the move fails for some reason, say MC9 was paused on a song you tried to move, it will remove all the files it had copied before the error occured from the destination directory, but it will also remove them from the source directory!  It doesn't use the recycle bin for this operation, so say goodbye to your files!

-John

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2003, 07:40:18 am »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    

2)When one uses ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.  This bug has been there forever!    

3)Double-clicking on empty space in Hairstyle doesn't switch you bakc to MEGA-ME anymore.  

4)MC does not remember 4 channel output selection for Direct Sound.  It switches back to 2 channels.      

5) I still think you should be able to hear MC fast forwarding while you hold the 'fast forward' button like every other player; same for  the rewind button.    

6) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them  
This is an old bug.  

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2003, 07:52:28 am »

1)Dragging the scroll bar in the options menu changes the appearance of the scroll bar from MC skin style to the default windows style and back, making scrolling very jerky.    

I have actually never encountered this problem.   The scrolling used to be jerky but it maintained the skin-style (at least since PixOS became the default).  For the last handful of builds, it's been smooth and fine for me.

BuiltToSpill

• Recent member
Faster scroll
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2003, 07:55:29 am »

I don't know if it's the build, or the fact that i had to reinstall MC, but the scrolling and loading of my library is much much faster.

right on. thanks guys
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2003, 08:12:17 am »

MC does seem to be faster overall.

But,

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: High
    Sorting Preferences Inconsistent
    MC is inconsistently losing sorting preferences.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/07/25  Priority: Medium
    Focus Issues
    Clicking out of the MC window then clicking in the white space of a pane causes it to reset to <all> without showing it as selected.  Seems like it should just regain focus for the MC window alone with no resets.

LisaRCT

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2003, 08:28:11 am »

Will NOT play streams (particularly my favorite: http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=2088&file=filename.pls )

Went back to 9.210 which plays this stream with no problems . . . . please fix this  ;)

Also, when overwriting files within MC (remame files from properties) can we have a selection for "yes to all" or 'No to all" rather than having to click on "yes" hundreds or thousands of times?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2003, 08:43:16 am »

WARNING! MC9.1beta has a REALLY nasty bug:

If you drag and drop a directory using My Computer and the move fails for some reason, say MC9 was paused on a song you tried to move, it will remove all the files it had copied before the error occured from the destination directory, but it will also remove them from the source directory!  It doesn't use the recycle bin for this operation, so say goodbye to your files!

I can't reproduce this.  Sometimes MC doesn't update properly (which will be fixed) but I can't lose files no matter what I do.  Can anyone reproduce it with test files?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

7_cats

• Recent member
  • this is the modern world that i've heard about...
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2003, 08:49:53 am »

how about a way to simply copy an audio cd, like nero can do?
some smooth chords, on the car radio....

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2003, 08:53:01 am »

I can't reproduce this.  Sometimes MC doesn't update properly (which will be fixed) but I can't lose files no matter what I do.  Can anyone reproduce it with test files?

This has happened to me twice.  The only outstanding thing I can think of in my case is that all of my MP3s are located on a remote Unix server that I deal with via Samba file shares.  

I just tried to re-create it again, with .221, and it didn't happen.  A window came up saying that the file was in use and it moved all files except the one that was being played.

A suggestion:  when using My Computer to delete a folder that isn't empty, should there be an option for MC to ask for confirmation?  When dealing with SMB shares, there is no recycle bin to save you from an accidental delete.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2003, 09:20:50 am »

Having quite a morning with MC.  For the first time in a long time, MC just crashed although I'm not sure why.  It died and left a half-second loop of music playing that I couldn't get to go away until I rebooted my machine.  This may or may not have something to do with changes in ASIO.  I'll try to re-create it to see if it wasn't "just one of those things."  

jleerigby

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2003, 09:48:12 am »

BUG - new in this build

When an item is clicked in the tree to highlight it, clicking properties (undocked or docked), NOTHNG HAPPENS.
Oh Dear!  You are right.  This is a real pain in the ***.  Properties toolbar button is greyed out unless any tracks are selected.  Selecting a pane or tree is not enough - you have to select some or all tracks to be able to display properties.

Omni

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2003, 11:01:32 am »

Oh Dear!  You are right.  This is a real pain in the ***.  Properties toolbar button is greyed out unless any tracks are selected.  Selecting a pane or tree is not enough - you have to select some or all tracks to be able to display properties.

Why are you guys classifying this as a "BUG?"  Tree/Pane nodes don't have properties.  Of COURSE you have to select something that actually has properties to get the properties button to become enabled.  What am I missing?

jleerigby

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2003, 11:42:16 am »

Why are you guys classifying this as a "BUG?"  Tree/Pane nodes don't have properties.  Of COURSE you have to select something that actually has properties to get the properties button to become enabled.  What am I missing?
See your point.  I think it's just the fact that we are used to MCs old behaviour where no tracks selected = all tracks selected.  This is really useful for lots of things, especially tagging e.g. select an album in tree or view pane in order to tag the whole album (say paste a cover art image or something).  Now you have to select all tracks using Ctrl+A before you can do this sort of thing.  I'm sure that JR will see this as a bug too.  Maybe they'll enlighten us...

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2003, 12:34:01 pm »

Looks like I spoke a little too soon...  It did move the files before the error, but the My Computer display did not update to show them, so I thought they were toast.  Phew :)

Edit:
Not only did the My Computer not update, but it also failed to update the library properties for the files.  After I thought I lost the files I did an Update Library and removed all non-existent files and it removed all the files I had moved.  At least I can re-import them...
-John
Pages: [1]   Go Up