INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Failed  (Read 3933 times)

downbeat

• Recent member
Update Failed
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:03:25 pm »

I tried to update from MC 18 to MC 22 but it failed. The download came in, I double clicked to install it, but MC 22 does not open. MC 18 is still working. I also tried a restore, but with the same result. If I go to the download, and double click, I get a message asking if I want to allow the program to make changes, but when I click yes, I get a message indicating that the license was already accepted. It does not open an extract box.
Does anyone have a solution ?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Update Failed
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 06:33:10 am »

If your using I license from a file it is only good for 14 days.

you will need a MC22 License

you may need to try to re-download the MC22 file.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 06:39:25 am »

downbeat

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:04:28 pm »

Jim thanks for sending the instructions. Unfortunately, I already had them and have read them numerous times times trying to figure out what the issue is. I have limited computer skills, and it could be that I just don't understand the language/instructions.
I did note that the instructions do say that you can restore from MC 18. However,my version of MC 18 does not have that under the help menu (and it has been up dated).
I also noted the comment that "your license must match the installed version of MC and platform".
I am using windows and only want a windows license. I did update from windows 7 to windows 10, since the original purchase of MC 18. I assume that is not a factor. Likewise, I used the original registration code when I ordered, even though I had to reinstall when I upgraded to windows 10.
Any help would be appreciated.  DB.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 06:34:17 am »

Let's try to simplify.

What version do you want to run?  MC18?  Or are you trying to purchase an upgrade to MC22?

If the latter, exactly what happens when you download and install MC22? 

downbeat

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 08:52:40 pm »

Jim, thanks for getting back. Before giving the details, I have MC 18 and I was trying to upgrade it to MC22. Were you suggesting that you cannot upgrade 18 to 22, but rather have to do a new purchase of 22 if you want it ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 06:27:42 am »

You can upgrade from MC18 to MC22.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 12:05:13 pm »

I have MC 18 and I was trying to upgrade it to MC22. Were you suggesting that you cannot upgrade 18 to 22, but rather have to do a new purchase of 22 if you want it ?

updates are for the purchased version (for you that is MC18 which is no longer updated)

upgrades are for the current version of MC (now MC22) if you own a prior version of MC you get a UPGRADE to the latest version for about half the price....It's well worth it as there were major changes in MC20 that carry through to all future MC releases.....enjoy
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

downbeat

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 07:02:19 pm »

Last weekend I purchased an update from JRiver. An Email came with a registration code. I clicked on the attachment and was asked if I wanted to open the file. I clicked yes,but nothing opened. As nothing seemed to work, I got another install key (temporary) from JRiver, and followed the same procedure to do a restore. Same result. MC 18 is still running but MC 22 has not opened. I have retried on a number of times, but simply get a message that "License for Media Centre was Successfully Installed" Can you tell me what I am missing ?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 07:08:13 pm »

yes you are missing it. you first need to install MC22. what you need to do is download it...the attachment in the email is the registration code not MC22 application...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

downbeat

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 06:33:02 pm »

Toa, thank you for the info, I now have MC up and running, but I have one further question. The down load is actually the trial version,and I get the message asking if I want to purchase. As I seem to have done things backwards, I already paid for the update and have the install key etc. How do I finalize the purchase without paying twice.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »

You just need to restore your license now.  This explains how:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License
Pages: [1]   Go Up