INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Distorted sound and audio slow down how to upload a video sample  (Read 3326 times)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen

I've posted on a number of occasions about the audio distortion a physical slowdown of audio tracks.  Over the last 2 version of jriver.  It occurs on my system if I choose mini view and close chrome Explorer.  I can work around it but was wondering if a phone video of it occurring may help diagnose the cause?

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Distorted sound and audio slow down how to upload a video sample
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 07:23:06 am »

Try turning off the "play files from memory" and "load files to memory at the start" features.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 07:36:46 am »

Neither feature selected?

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 07:58:20 am »

No issues playing through WMC. But if I do MC still shows it playing?

Trevor
Trevor

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 06:54:23 am »

This problem has been occurring since pre-august 2015.  It's remained an intermittent problem through MC version and build upgrades.

Any further support out there

Trevor
Trevor

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 08:01:49 am »

I don't think that this is an MC problem.  Take a look at the Weird Problems thread in my signature.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 10:34:34 am »

I hear what you're saying Jim and understand why but its only an issue playing through JMC, not through WMC or KODI.

It continued through window 7 -10 upgrade and removal of Norton AV no change. It 'appears' to be related to the interaction between  HDMI and JMC.

Trevor
Trevor

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 03:36:08 pm »

And as previously stated it can 'often'  be resolved,  but not always,  by ensuring that I have google chrome running full screen in background.  Close chrome or minimise and problem reappears??

Trevor
Trevor

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 02:00:38 am »

A driver can work perfectly with one application but not with another.  It's common. 

I don't know where the problem is, but the way to find it is to change things, one at a time.

Use IE, for example.

Look at the Chrome plug-ins.

Uninstall Chrome.

Change the audio settings (WASAPI, DirectSound...) 

Video settings (Video Clock) ...

Red October Standard and HQ

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 05:28:23 pm »

Hi Jim re your suggestions

Use IE, for example. Tried

Look at the Chrome plug-ins. Tried

Uninstall Chrome. Tried

Change the audio settings (WASAPI, DirectSound...)  Tried

Video settings (Video Clock) ... (see att)

Red October Standard and HQ Tried

Not a lot of help I know
Trevor
Pages: [1]   Go Up