INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with volume and DSP settings  (Read 1532 times)

djfalstaff

• Recent member
Need help with volume and DSP settings
« on: January 03, 2017, 09:25:20 am »

I'm amazed at how flexible the audio settings are this software. Unfortunately, even after reading the wiki and some posts in the forum, I'm still not sure what settings will be best for me.
I'm using WASAPI from my 1080 GTX into my Yamaha receiver for both audio and video playback.
It's currently set to system volume with no DSP settings selected at all. I use my harmony remote to control the volume of playback.
I think want to turn on volume leveling and adaptive volume to keep playback from wild volume changes between tracks.
If I do this, do I need to switch to internal volume as well?
I'm just not understanding the relationship between these settings at all.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Need help with volume and DSP settings
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 12:15:02 pm »

from my understanding you would not need to switch the volume, but in order for volume leveling to work you would need to analyze your files if you have not done so. Also keep in mind volume leveling works best when playback is from a playlist of different artists. I send my sound to my yamaha using toslink (now you will find most will say hdmi is best but with the software from the sound card I prefer toslink. plus I can turn off monitor/tv with no loss of audio)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

djfalstaff

• Recent member
Re: Need help with volume and DSP settings
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:38:26 pm »

I do have everything analyzed so I guess I just need to turn on the features.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up