INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicates of music files  (Read 2725 times)

doronron

Duplicates of music files
« on: January 09, 2017, 01:46:35 pm »

When I upload music files from my CDs within 48 hours duplicates of music folders / songs / albums frequently appear by themselves. It usually happens after I restart my computer. It's frustrating to play an album and having to listen to the same song twice. Help?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: J River is producing duplicates of music files
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:23:36 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

JRiver does not duplicate music...this is (UPDATED*) *most* always user error...check your watched folders and make sure you have not watched them twice!

UPDATED 10Jan2012:  sorry for sounding harsh. after rereading it, it titters on the edge of abuse and for this I apologize.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

doronron

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:16:45 pm »

thanks for your quick reply. What do you mean by "watched folders"?

Welcome to Interact.

JRiver does not duplicate music...this is always user error...check your watched folders and make sure you have not watched them twice!

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:21:19 pm »

Look at "Tools>Options>Library & Folders>...Configure auto-import" this is where you pick the folders and drives that you want MC to "watch". Then whenever a new media file is added to the "watched" folder, MC automatically imports into the MC database.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 02:04:28 pm »

JRiver does not duplicate music...this is always user error...check your watched folders and make sure you have not watched them twice!

Always user error? I doubt that. I've had this happen and I definitely did not have duplicate watched folders. I think I ended up turning off "Update for external changes" in auto-import, but it could have been a bug.

-tm

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Duplicates of music files
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:11:03 pm »

You may be importing from a network share that is also mapped as a local drive.

Find two duplicates and hover your mouse over each to see its location shown in the tooltip.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 02:22:42 pm »

Always user error? I doubt that. I've had this happen and I definitely did not have duplicate watched folders. I think I ended up turning off "Update for external changes" in auto-import, but it could have been a bug.

-tm

either way MC doesn't duplicate files!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Duplicates of music files
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:48:37 pm »

Is this an external drive? Is it possible that your drive letter is changing? This can happen if you shutdown the computer, plug in a new drive (like a USB flash drive) and then restart the computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up