INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble finding a Theatre View background image  (Read 6694 times)

eezetee

• World Citizen
Trouble finding a Theatre View background image
« on: December 15, 2016, 04:32:25 am »

While in theatre mode on multiple machines. I have a folder with a few kids shows in there. Someone some strange image has someone become the background for the "Learning" folder for my kids.

The image is not in the folder of the mpeg files
it's not in the Cover Art folder.

It appears to be loaded from the internet but I cannot seem to figure out how/where.

Anyone? It's slightly inappropriate for my kids.. :/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trouble finding a Theatre View background image
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:27:30 am »

In MC's settings you can set what image servers to use, if any.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 09:23:33 am »

Thanks Jim, but I'm not sure that I made myself clear.

I'm using Theatre view on a few computers from a central server (same theme)

But this image in question is not part of the team. 

When I browse in Theatre View to a roller item called "Learning" under the "____" folder.   It has some icelandic writing image, nothing I've ever seen or loaded.   What i'm struggling to find is where that image came from, it's not part of the 2 mpg files that are in that folder nor is it the folder.jpg

Can't seem to locate it.  It's like it's being pulled off the net?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 09:46:46 am »

When Theatre View opens, I have the mail (top line)
Movies
Videos
Audio
Kids
    Audio
    Video
        Learning

I can rotate the images in \Root for the main Movies, Videos and Kids folder but when I goto Video>Learning I'm getting what appears to be a scandanavian advertisement.

Can I add images for sub-rollers or at the least, blank?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 07:58:00 pm »

I've tried putting folder.jpg in the directory,  creating directories under \Root within the theme,   none of which is working.

Any idea how to have a sub-roller with images in it or at least display a blank rather than this inappropriate image on kids videos?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 11:17:02 pm »

By default, MC pulls background images from the web in theater view. It is probably the Google image search that is giving you unexpected results. Try disabling Google from the image search options and see if that fixes it.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 11:58:32 pm »

Go to:
Tools > Options > Theater View

Click on "Theme"
Hover over "Online media slideshow"
Choose your options from the menu that presents itself.

The attached capture might help.

-marko

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:41 am »

Hi Bartman and Marko.

Indeed, disabling the "Show online media slideshow in file views"  does stop the image and then it seems to read the file in the folder.

However, this is a global setting and thus disables all file info/artist image for audio as well.

Is there no way to have a roller image set for that a single item, or the file views view?

It seemed when I disabled just the "TheTVDB"  that it is fixed.
However, now none of my TV series have file list view/background pictures.

Is there a better solution? can I just place a view in the folder that is generic?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 05:20:54 am »

I always disable "Google Images" from being included the on-line look up. Google has lots of images that don't match the media and can be inappropriate.

But "TheTVDB" images should not be offensive. What image are you getting?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 07:56:23 am »

The folder is called "learning" and is meant for kids.  However, I get some strange image of a lady in a bikini scantily clad.

I have seen the (edited) page detailed how to get background images but not beyond the initial rollers and into sub-folders.  Is this not possible?
Or at least is there debugging so I can see where jriver is fetching this image. Looks like TVDB though

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 07:59:38 am »

The options page has a search window at the bottom.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 09:53:25 am »

Please excuse me as my experienced with jriver is limited but i'm not sure how the search window will help me to A) Find where this image is coming from and why  and B)  figure how I can replace my own image into the folder for the roller image, maybe not the file view one.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 10:17:07 am »

The options page has a search window at the bottom.

Please excuse me as my experienced with jriver is limited but i'm not sure how the search window will help me to A) Find where this image is coming from and why  and B)  figure how I can replace my own image into the folder for the roller image, maybe not the file view one.

the key word in Jim's message is "Options" Jim is referring to MC and not windows so to do this go to
tools>options> at the bottom of that window is the search box Jim is referring to...
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 10:33:41 am »

the key word in Jim's message is "Options" Jim is referring to MC and not windows so to do this go to
tools>options> at the bottom of that window is the search box Jim is referring to...

Yes, I have found the theme (have previously set my own),  i've tried the disabling of file view media slideshow but I don't see how this "search" capability can help me to locate why
the inappropriate image is being displayed for "learning" under the "kids" roller   and
how to add my own image to that particular folder (I have my own theme with the main rollers under \Root)

I just don't see what this recommendation to use the search bar under Tools>Theatre View is supposed to get me.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 10:43:54 am »

What is the 'media subtype' tag for the kids content? That might be causing the problem, it is trying to find appropriate back ground art for that type of media.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 12:44:20 pm »

The folder is called "learning" and is meant for kids.  However, I get some strange image of a lady in a bikini scantily clad.

I have seen the (edited) page detailed how to get background images but not beyond the initial rollers and into sub-folders.  Is this not possible?
Or at least is there debugging so I can see where jriver is fetching this image. Looks like TVDB though

If you "unchecked" the mark next to "TheTVDB" at Tools>Options>Theater View>Theme:>Online Media Slide show and the picture went away then it safe to say that is where it is coming from.

As mentioned, you can try to use media sub type "Educational" instead of "TV Show", or maybe rename the folder to "Learning*" or such.
I don't know if that would help as I'm not sure if the folder name or file name triggers the lookup match, you may need to try a few things.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 09:20:11 pm »

What is the 'media subtype' tag for the kids content? That might be causing the problem, it is trying to find appropriate back ground art for that type of media.

Right now the media-type is blank and the video type is "Video"

If you "unchecked" the mark next to "TheTVDB" at Tools>Options>Theater View>Theme:>Online Media Slide show and the picture went away then it safe to say that is where it is coming from.

As mentioned, you can try to use media sub type "Educational" instead of "TV Show", or maybe rename the folder to "Learning*" or such.
I don't know if that would help as I'm not sure if the folder name or file name triggers the lookup match, you may need to try a few things.

Yep, very true. It is looking like a TV show.  However, the problem for this is the name "Learning" is the directory name and it's just a bunch of random kids videos thrown in together and I can't seem to be able to just drop a single folder.jpg in there and have it read that background art. 

I'm still confused about TAO1857 and JimH's reference to the search within tools?

-- Update

So it seems the "Series" tag is triggering some strange responses. If I change the series to something random, I see the background pictures loaded in that roller.  If I change it back to "educational" or "learning" -- I get different images.

I can deal with this. i'll just give it a strange name that doesn't hit TVDB I guess.    My questions are

Is there a special starting character that can signifiy do not load TVDB images?
Is there a way to manual set the art that is displayed-  Images that I do not want (non english, lewd, vulgar, etc) to be used as the rollover image or the file info display for any image that is there?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 07:35:11 pm »

Hi All,

Can anyone help with the following two questions, I'm not sure if it's an all or nothing with regards to file view art.

Is there a special starting character that can signifiy do not load TVDB images?
Is there a way to manual set the art that is displayed-  Images that I do not want (non english, lewd, vulgar, etc) to be used as the rollover image or the file info display for any image that is there?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 09:45:45 pm »

I've a few questions since i'm not able to get the results i'm looking for and i'm still unclear what the "search" bar referenced earlier.

Is the TVDB art looking based on the series name, folder name, file name?
Is there a reason why folder.jpg shouldn't display as the backdrop when the roller is opened?
Can fanart be placed in the directory for file view?

Many thanks all that took the time to respond.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 12:43:33 am »

BUMP

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 07:20:24 am »

I'm not sure if I'm asking my question in a incorrect way but.

Is the TVDB art looking based on the series name, folder name, file name?
Is there a reason why folder.jpg shouldn't display as the backdrop when the roller is opened?
Can fanart be placed in the directory for file view?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 08:02:34 am »

Maybe this will help:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87161.msg596588#msg596588

The wiki also has a Theater View topic.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 09:40:54 pm »

Thanks Jim.

Let my retry with some notes.  This isn't specifically a theme question.

I am able to get my MyTheme\Root\<Rollername> backgroundimages to load.  My question was not about the theme display.
I can also get Series/Artist cover art to display, I know the covert art folder.

My structure is like this   (4 root folders)  Under Kids folder there is Audio and Video.  Under Video there are folders names Learning and Other.
Root -         Kids              , People          , Audio               , Video
        Audio/       \Video     
               Learning|   \Other

What I'm not able to do
Q1 - Get a sub roller to work for the above Kids\Video.  It shows the same Video images as the primary (maybe this is normal?)
Q2 - Inside the "learning" I can use the Covert Art folder to display an image for a certain series (say "Thomas the Tank") and it works.  However, there is no background image.  Just Black.  (maybe this is normal)
Q3 - Most important issue (as previously described) -- One of the TV Shows within the Learning folder is bringing up unwanted online images so I would like to know how to set a static file info/background image for that Series?  Placing a cover.jpg or folder.jpg doesn't do anything and it keeps loading the incorrect background.

Pages: [1]   Go Up