INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there some "push" capability in MC for info?  (Read 1806 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Is there some "push" capability in MC for info?
« on: January 19, 2017, 04:51:57 am »

I am upgrading my system so that I can see what's playing on my inhouse automation Girder web page, and I want to use the same function in Girder to stop streaming radio playback if anything starts playing in a given zone, which in that case would be from Gizmo or J.Remote. But so far the only working way that I have found to do that is to poll every zone in MC for playback status every x seconds and then send a stop to the streaming radio if status has changed from pause or stop to play in MC. BUt is there something else that I can use there, some kind of "push notification" for playback?

For me it would be more than enough if it was possible to do what another program I'm using, Tune Aero (which streams from any iDevice or Rooted Android or Windows pc with the AirPlay protocol, much better than DLNA since it's possible to stream any actual sound output, not just from a particular player) does after a suggestion from me: When status changes from not streaming to streaming, or vice versa, that runs a batch file defined in the setup. My batch file runs a Girder TCPIP command over the network that tells Girder that streaming has started or stopped. I use that to stop streaming radio, if a station is playing, to pause MC, if that is playing and to turn on the amp in that zone if it's not on. Finally stopping the streaming starts a timer. If nothing else starts playing in the same zone within two minutes (like AirPlay straming again, MC or streaming radio) the amp will be turned off. So is there a configurable push network function within MC that I could use similarly?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Is there some "push" capability in MC for info?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 06:46:54 am »

I think you could only use another program to do the detection and then send a stop to MC.  I don't think we do any push notification, but another program could do it.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:08:13 am »

Yeah, I can detect with Girder by polling the IP system in MC, I was just wondering if there was something in MC that could send a message on playback start/stop/pause, but then I guess that's not possible. Well, I don't think it will tax the system much polling nine zones every five seconds. :)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

rlebrette

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:03 am »

Yeah, I can detect with Girder by polling the IP system in MC, I was just wondering if there was something in MC that could send a message on playback start/stop/pause, but then I guess that's not possible. Well, I don't think it will tax the system much polling nine zones every five seconds. :)
That's a long awaited feature for all users that do home automation. It should not be difficult to implement some kind of parameterizable web hooks, even Kodi provides this kind of event based notification. I've looked at JRiver plug-in infrastructure, but I'm not sure it's possible to implement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up