INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's a good file naming convention for DVD rips with MakeMKV and Carnac?  (Read 2863 times)

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe

I've just started playing with MakeMKV and I really like it. Lot's of people here recommended it so I though I'd give it a try. It 'just works' which is ace.

Now what's best practice/a good standard/*the* standard(?) for naming the files for subsequent Carnac parsing?

I don't want to get too far in ripping my DVDs only to discover I goofed with naming them and should have done this or not done that etc.

What do other people do?

Spike

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

I do;
name of movie (date) and any special here such as collectors edition, extra scenes, etc etc.mkv
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

Movies are really easy to name.  I find that putting extra info like "Director's Cut" can sometimes confuse MC, so I've started not even doing that.

TV Series are harder, but still easy.  Something like:  "Series Name - SXXEYY.mkv" works great.  S is for Season and E is for Episode.  Then MC can look up the episode names for you and you can later rename the files with this information if you like.  I usually do this renaming, but it doesn't change anything for MC:  Once it has the metadata it doesn't really care about the filename.  It's just for me to feel more organized.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up