INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image effects  (Read 706 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Image effects
« on: July 17, 2003, 06:13:13 pm »

Build 217 adds DSP processing of images.  Start a slide show by selecting images and pressing play.  Then right click, do "configure image playback", then "effects", then "optimize colors...".

It is amazing!  Images that are too dark or light show up beautifully.

sraymond

Re: Image effects
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 09:03:08 pm »

JimH,

This is a nice feature...  might you consider adding "one-click" photo editing like Adobe Photoshops' Auto-Level, Auto-Contrast, etc?  Of course, this would bring back the question of how to save the original image - but I think that's a good thing!   :D

You're right, though...  it is amazing.  I particularly like the Black-and-White.  It adds class to the slideshow.  What would also be pretty slick would be the addition of some other effects (like sepia, etc.) and randomize it.  It would certainly make the slide shows more "dynamic".

The features just keep coming and coming...

Scott-

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Image effects
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 02:51:49 am »

Just what I was thinking too :)  Sepia would be very nice for that "old school photo" kind of look.  This feature is great.  It could really go places.  Being able to do the auto optimize thing would be very nice.  I have a prog which I use to view photos that came from the site dot photo which allows this and it is pretty cool.  I also use ACD FotoSlate when printing contact sheets and this allows auto optimization just for the print without affecting the orginal file.  very nice... with a way of doing this and saving the copy this would be awesome...
Are you looking for ideas of other filters that could be added?  A nice one may be to add some kind of mask to the photos to give it like a border.  You can do this with photoshop but then the change is permenant.  If MC could do this on the fly that would be very sweet.
A lot of cameras also have a negative option.  Personally I never saw the use for it but someone might want it...my sony DSC has a solarize option as well.  Again I never really saw the use but...

If I think of anything else I will post but I definitely think the border option would be nice and would be quite popular.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up