INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA not working  (Read 3821 times)

t1

• Recent member
DLNA not working
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:18:35 pm »

New to JRiver/MediaCenter.

Setup:
Media Server : MAC OS X with MediaCenter 22.0.73
DLNA Client: Oppo/iPhone on the same home network

Configured Media Network , enabling DLNA Server and Renderer.. Library Server running too. 
Device Discovery Server(SSDP) fails to start.  Unable to see the Media Server from any of the DLNA clients.( Network is reachable , no issues)

Any help?

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA not working
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:23:20 pm »

Firewall?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:17:18 am »

Another possibility is another program running that is using the SSDP port exclusively.
Other DLNA servers, renderers, etc.
If Windows media sharing is on, turn it off.

t1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 12:27:10 pm »

It was the Firewall. Incoming MediaCenter connections were allowed, but that wasnt sufficient apparently. Had to turn off and voila started working.   Thanks!

BUT the Device discovery server(SSDP) still fails to start. Is this for MC to auto discover DLNA clients?  . I do see the MC Server from the clients and play.

Is it worth reinstalling the app to make SSDP work or should I just ignore the failed state?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 11:40:41 am »

It was the Firewall. Incoming MediaCenter connections were allowed, but that wasnt sufficient apparently. Had to turn off and voila started working.   Thanks!

BUT the Device discovery server(SSDP) still fails to start. Is this for MC to auto discover DLNA clients?  . I do see the MC Server from the clients and play.

Is it worth reinstalling the app to make SSDP work or should I just ignore the failed state?
The SSDP server still could be getting stomped on by another DLNA server (like Windows Media Sharing) or a third party server.
You might try looking to see if anything is running on port 1900 UDP when MC is not running.

t1

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »

The SSDP server still could be getting stomped on by another DLNA server (like Windows Media Sharing) or a third party server.
You might try looking to see if anything is running on port 1900 UDP when MC is not running.

That was it..,there was another app that was listening on port 1900.  All is fine, Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up