INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just how exactly does Play Doctor select tracks and why can't I find that info?  (Read 1445 times)

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck

The other day I fired up Play Doctor for the first time.  It produced an interesting play list.  I started wondering what the criteria were.  Not just genre, because that was all over the map.  So being a curious fellow, I tried to figure out what the algorithms are, and came up with nothing.  So the question is, am I missing something, or is this considered protected IP by JRiver that isn't available?

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck

I was wondering the same thing. Trade secret would be my guess.

Regardless, it makes some interesting lists and picks some stuff not in any of my "regular" playists and that doesn't get played much. (Maybe that's one of the criteria?) I like being reminded of forgotten tracks/artists.

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck

"What if I don't get an answer?
If you don't get an answer in the first 24 hours, post a reply to your own question.  This is called a bump and it will bring your post to the top again.  Consider using the "modify" option to change your subject or to edit your question. 

If your subject is accurate, and your question is concise, and you still don't get an answer, it usually means that nobody knows the answer. "

OK I'll play.  Is it possible that nobody (including the moderators and JimH) don't know the answer? 

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

We don't try to explain everything we do.  Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up