INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New SSD, copied content to new, now have double links/content  (Read 1289 times)

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi

I added a new SSD to my audio server.  I copied all the files from the smaller drive it was replacing.  This new drive was labelled F while the drive it replaced was labelled E. For now I will just run the new drive (and another called D). Hence I copied the content over.  I added drive F as a folder to be monitored for new content and JRiver picked up the 'new' content. I removed drive E from monitoring.  However my library now has double links for all content that was on drive E which is no longer present - there is the old defunct link to E and now the new correct link to F.  How can I get rid of all the E links in one fell swoop?

Regards

JJJ

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New SSD, copied content to new, now have double links/content
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 11:13:51 am »

The wiki has a topic called Moving Files.

To delete the files on E, search for E:

Try a few before you do very many. 

JJJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:46:15 am »

Hi. Ok I was looking at albums and it wasn't going to be helpful.  I see I can look at "files" and then select the drive E.  One question: given the new SSD has been watched and the new links to the files thereon created, can I simply delete all "files" / links with a file path to drive E? Presumably I should just remove from library and nothing more.

aviateur

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 04:15:58 pm »

JJJ, Hi:

Your assumption is correct. When you do select the target E: drive files and select delete, you are given a 'Confirm Action' dialog box. You have three (3) option to choose from: Remove from Media Library, Remove from Media Library and send to the Recycle Bin or, Remove from Media Library and permanently delete from disk. (see attached photo).

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up