INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tips for organising Films and TV Series with Extras?  (Read 2228 times)

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Tips for organising Films and TV Series with Extras?
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:06:33 am »

I'm starting to rip my DVDs with MakeMKV. For some films and some TV series I want to keep some of the 'Extras' and and looking for some tips as how to Tag/tame/sort them so they group neatly together.

So for a film I'm currently doing this:

The Piano Teacher - 2001.mkv
The Piano Teacher Behind the Scenes - 2001.mkv

This gives me two different names 'The Piano Teacher' and 'The Piano Teacher Behind the Scenes' so these don't 'stack together' but do sit next to each other in the movie view which isn't too bad. I guess ideally I'd like then to stack under the name of the film, but the have some way to distinguish the individual films after opening the stack. Is there a neat way to do this? What do other people do?

For TV Series the view automatically 'stacks' those as they have the series and episode numbers as an index. I'm just currently creating 'dummy' extra episodes in a given series to tag the extras I wish to keep. Is that what other people do or is there a better way?

Spike

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Tips for organising Films and TV Series with Extras?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:50:57 pm »

I have an inelegant solution for this (inelegant because I developed it before I got deeper into expression language; and now I'm too busy to go back and fix it, though I probably will at some point; and I'm open to better suggestions here  ;D). I basically use [Grouping] and tag each mkv either "film" for the feature or even a short film (lots of Criterion Collection releases, for example, include shorts by the filmmakers) or "Extras" if I'm keeping an interview or a "behind the scenes" or whatever. I also use [Part] (don't remember if this is a standard field or one I created) so that I can distinguish different cuts of a film (just mkved the "Salt" blu-ray, for example, and it contains three cuts: theatrical, extended, and director's), parts of a TV series, etc. Then in my view scheme, I use a simple expression to distinguish between film (and different cuts, if there are such) and extras. It gets a little cumbersome when I stream to my DLNA device (Mede8er X3D600), as I have to click through too many screens when I use UPNP, but it does work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up