INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any reason to take the time to enter chapter NAMES for musical performances?  (Read 2288 times)

pepar

• World Citizen

I am in the process of processing my musical performances Blu-rays for my media server.  Movies are M2TS, but I am using MKV to retain chapters.  Chapter names are not automatically entered and manually finding and entering them into chapters.txt is a PITA.  Thinking about it, I haven't seen those chapter names displayed on my workstation player (PotPlayer or VLC), so I am wondering if JRiver displays them anywhere?  It would simplify my workflow if the answer is "no." :)

Jeff
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

If you use the down arrow in Display View to access the Chapter in the OSD, then the chapter name should be available if you have changed it. Otherwise the OSD will show Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc.

I recommend you use Chapterfy to create Particles (virtual entries) for each song. Chapterfy is part of a Collection of Utilities for MC. Once you figure out the program, it only takes a few minutes to get Particles for all the songs and have them listed in JRiver.

I have Concerts available under Video. I can then select Full Concert or Songs. When I drill down to Songs, I see a list of all the songs in the concert. I can now convert a song from Video to Audio to listen to elsewhere or I can add songs in any order to a playlist.

pepar

• World Citizen

Chapterfy scrapes the chapter names/song names automatically?  If so, I can stop searching and manually entering them myself.

Jeff

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Chapterfy scrapes the chapter names/song names automatically?  If so, I can stop searching and manually entering them myself.

Jeff
Yes and no. Chapterfy creates a separate Particle for each song using the information found at chapterdb.org. You can then play a Particle just like any other song you have in JRiver. You no longer are playing the entire Blu-ray. When I choose to play the entire concert Blu-ray, then I still have the chapters listed as numbers. However, I don't care since I'm just playing through the entire Blu-ray anyway.

If JRiver would store its own chapter names for Blu-rays in its database, that would be awesome.

pepar

• World Citizen

Thanks. I decided that I won't play individual songs from concerts and that I only need chapter STOPS. I don't need the chapters named as I never direct access certain songs when watching a concert either.

Jeff

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

If JRiver would store its own chapter names for Blu-rays in its database, that would be awesome.

Matt said if I was good he would look at more Particles features.... and while I've been good (ish) for ages he did not say when!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up