INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ) Files Whenever I recconnect IPOD  (Read 1123 times)

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
) Files Whenever I recconnect IPOD
« on: July 10, 2003, 04:03:00 am »

Hi There, Can anyone tell me why whenever I recconnect my IPOD to MC9 0 songs appear there (of course the amount of space is correctly reduced).  I then rebuild, and resync to get all the playlist info back, but why do I have to do all this?  It's EVERY TIME.

If your answer is that it's contaminated, then with what?  The only thing that's there MC9 put there...

I like to rip something, put it on, and run out the door... is this not how it works?  I spend more time uploading than listening..

PLEASE EXPLAIN VERY CAREFULLY.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ) Files Whenever I recconnect IPOD
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 06:15:10 am »

Chrispod,

Please step through your problem in detail starting with the version of MC you have and the OS. Here is an example....

1) Format iPod

2) Sync files

3) Disconnect iPod and listen to music

4) Reconnect iPod

5) Click on iPod

..After this I do not see any files etc....

Chrispod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 06:52:12 pm »

Hello, here is an update on my problem with losing files on my ipod.

1) Format iPod

2) Sync files

3) Disconnect iPod and listen to music

4) Reconnect iPod

5) Click on iPod

6) After clicking, 0 files show to the right, but the available size is diminished correctly.

7) I rebuild, and all playlist info is gone.  I then resync everything, which brings back titles and other info, but a few songs at the end of each CD is gone.  Like a FOO FIGHTERS album has 8 instead of 10 songs.

8) Trying to put those songs back results in a duplicate, and disallows them.

9) I click file and exit, and disconnect safely, and wait til the check mark appears on the window of the ipod.

10) Then next morning I HAVE to hear PHYSICAL GARFFITI on the way to work!!!!!   I rip it and plug in the ipod and the songs are back 0.

I have found that I need to restore once a week and then put everything back on.  I have a few small playlists, but all the rest of my 3200 files are in a playlist called CHRISTOPHER's IPOD, which I sync on.  One Q is, is it OK to often restore?  Also, my ipod is a 20GB, and my partner's is a brand new 10GB (Levent's IPOD is his long playlist.  Yes, we use the correct updaters for each.)  Thanks...

HELP!  Christopher  

P.S.  I did not put that smily face where the number eight should be....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 09:10:09 am »

Please use the iPod support thread here.  Reading it first may help you find answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up