INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions regarding licenses etc.  (Read 1467 times)

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
A couple of questions regarding licenses etc.
« on: July 10, 2003, 03:35:07 am »

Hi all,
I have been using Media Center 9 on my home computer for a few months now, and I am really happy with it.

I have just registered as a member at this forum, after having searched around a bit trying to find the answers to a couple of questions. I haven't had too much luck, so I am hoping some of you will be able to help me. It might seem like a lenghty post, but I am sure the answers must be quite straight forward. If some of this has been dealt with before, please direct me to the appropriate threads or faq pages.

1. When I tried to open MC9 yesterday, I got a message saying my 30 day trial period was over. Obviously, I purchased a license months ago, and everything has been working smoothly until now. I suspect that the error might have something to do with the fact that I "cleaned" my system using Ad-aware to get rid of spyware etc. Could it be that one of the RegKeys I removed during this operation is one that belongs to MC9 and is required for the program to work? And if so, how am I able to identify it, and will it be enough if I restore the component on my system, or will I have to use your restore function?

2. Is it correct that the license also allows me to have a full version of MC9 installed at work? I have recently bought another home computer as well, and it is more important for me to have MC9 on both my home computers, however I would prefer to have it on all three machines. Should I buy a second license?

3. When using MC9 on two computers in a LAN, will I be able to view information such as cover art (whether stored inside files or not) on both machines, regardless of where the files are stored? (My two machines are running XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro respectively.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Von

nila

Re: A couple of questions regarding licenses etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 03:48:54 am »

1. Doubt it was ad-aware - more likely a system restore or a bug in windows or u hadn't installed the license properly. Just use up one restore.

2. With your license you can install it on all 3 machines, just save the regkey and use it on the other machines - U get 15 days to do this after u get the reg.

3. It depends how u set it up with this.
If the cover art is in the files or in the same folders as the files then the other machine should read the files.
If the cover art is in your MC default data folder then the other machine wont.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 04:12:01 am »

Thanks for your quick response, Nila!

Great, that was just the answers I wanted to hear.  :) I will try to do a restore when I get home from work tonight, and I'll experiment a little bit with coverart.

Von

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:16:30 am »

2. With your license you can install it on all 3 machines, just save the regkey and use it on the other machines - U get 15 days to do this after u get the reg.

I think Thats 14 Days

There is A Software Program And Changing Network Names I think Will Cause This Expire Problem.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 04:48:59 am »

Thanks KingSparta, that might explain the problem. You see, I actually did change my network name. It never crossed my mind that the problem could have been caused by this.

(I'm not quite sure what you mean with your reference to 'Software Program' though.)

Von

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 04:58:17 am »

(I'm not quite sure what you mean with your reference to 'Software Program' though.)

Well i think it had something to do with setting up or changing the Network name. if you do a search on the forum you might find the name of it, i forget what it was called.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up