INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is MC23?  (Read 16984 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Where is MC23?
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:33:35 pm »

It's on the Download Page.

A more recent, but possibly less stable build can be found in a thread near the top of this board. 

You can find the latest build of MC23 for Mac in a thread at the top of the new MC23 for Mac board.

Just download, install, and restore your license if necessary. 

More
Restoring a License

Upgrade Help

If your library and settings don't transfer, try backing up your library in your old version and then restoring it (including settings) in your new version.

You can keep your old version until you're happy with how things are going, then uninstall it.

Future
Over the next year, there should be about 100 new builds.  MC will automatically download the most recent Stable build unless you change the Update Channels setting under Help in MC. 

Thanks for your purchase.

Rumbl9

Re: Where is MC23?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:07:58 am »

This answered one of my questions.  Thank you.  Another question...  I have had the Windows version of MC for more than a year (MC21?).  I just bought the Master MC23 License for Windows and MAC because I would like to bring my MAC PC into the MC network.  I moved the new registration key to my Windows Laptop, but I am unable to start the MC on my MAC. 

I believe now that I may not be able to use MC on my MAC because MC was never downloaded to the MAC, and the MC23 Upgrade may not be installed to the MAC.  I now think I must buy MC for the MAC before I may upgrade to MC23.  OR, is there another alternative?  May I change my MAster License Upgrade for the WINDOWS Upgrade.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:21:35 am »

if you indeed have the Master License you can install it on both your Mac and your PC

you will need to download the latest for your Mac here
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110749.0.html

and for your PC here
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110698.0.html

Pedro Chinchilla

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:42:04 pm »

Hello, I've already installed my MC22 and purchased the licence for Media Center 23 Windows, but I don't know how to proceed at this point.
How do I upgrade the license 23? I have my registration code but I don't know what to do.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:47:34 pm »

Please read the first post in this thread.  Thanks for your purchase.

Rumbl9

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:05 am »

if you indeed have the Master License you can install it on both your Mac and your PC

you will need to download the latest for your Mac here
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110749.0.html

and for your PC here
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110698.0.html

Thanks.  I managed to install to the new MAC PC and the icon is now available, but several seconds after I attempt to open MC22, the application just closes before it opens.  I may not open MC22. 

Just to clarify, a least a year ago, I purchased only the Windows version of MC ($50), and this month I purchased the MC23 Upgrade Direct Link Master License for all 3 operating systems ($22.98).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 06:22:20 am »

Thanks.  I managed to install to the new MAC PC and the icon is now available, but several seconds after I attempt to open MC22, the application just closes before it opens.  I may not open MC22. 

Just to clarify, a least a year ago, I purchased only the Windows version of MC ($50), and this month I purchased the MC23 Upgrade Direct Link Master License for all 3 operating systems ($22.98).
What version of OSX are you using?

I'll move this to a new thread later today.

유완오

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 07:35:13 pm »

기존JRiver Media Center 22 잘사용하고있고 JRiver Media Center 23을 미리 예약 했습니다, 6월에서7월사이 나온다니 기다려지내요,,
JRiver 음악적 성능이 어떠한가요 영화나 잡다한 기능들 추가로 메모리만 많이 차지하고 음악적으로 성능이 떨어지는건아닌가요..?
좀더 음악적으로 좋은 음질을 원하고있습니다 ..
음악적으로 어떠한 노력을 하고있는건지요 단지 다양한 플레이어로만 존재 하는건지 궁금하내요 ,,
혹시 몰라서 영어로 번역 했습니다 ,,
Existing JRiver Media Center 22 I am using it well and I have already booked JRiver Media Center 23, I am waiting for it to come out from June to July.
What is the musical performance of JRiver? Do you think that it takes more memory and musical performance by adding movies and miscellaneous functions ..?
I want a more musical sound quality.
I am wondering what kind of effort I am making musically, and whether it exists only in various players.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 11:01:06 am »

100 new builds ??!! You mean counting mac linux and windows as separate?  ah, windows... even 10 builds would be appreciated for mac.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 11:16:39 am »

100 new builds ??!! You mean counting mac linux and windows as separate?  ah, windows... even 10 builds would be appreciated for mac.

There are still the same number of changes in the Mac version, even if you get it less regularly. All versions are made from the same codebase, only some features which are very platform dependent are not available everywhere or may be different.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 11:17:03 am »

@dfortney:

No, he means 100+ new builds of MC23 over it's lifetime of roughly 1 year of development.  If you're not aware, this is actually a very interesting and cool thing.  Well, several interesting and cool things actually!

1.  MC is developed with continuous releases.  Every week or so, JRiver makes a new build and makes it available to Beta testers.  After some amount of testing, they either release it, or do another release to correct problems with the beta release.  So the beta testers might see 23.0.15, 23.0.16, and 23.0.17 , where .17 is a "stable" version with no big bugs.  Then 23.0.17 gets released to the public.  Meanwhile, JRiver keeps on developing and releases 23.0.18 at some point, again to the beta testers.  This goes on all year until development for MC23 stops and development begins on MC24.
2.  MC for Windows, Mac, and Linux is drawn from one master code base.  Development is done for MC for all platforms at once.  Almost every release could be released for all 3 platforms each time.  For whatever reason, JRiver chooses to only release "big milestones" for Mac and Linux.  So we end up with something like 20 releases for Mac in a given year.

JRiver's approach to application development pretty neat.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 01:43:25 pm »

Tgterm

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 12:09:25 pm »

Hi -

I have paid for the upgrade for $15.98 to go from MC 22 to 23 back in May 2017.  My install of MC still shows as MC 22.  Is this normal?  When will it say MC 23?  I successfully applied the install key - at least I think I did, it said so.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 12:27:33 pm »

MC23 is available now.  Please read the first post in this thread.

Tgterm

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 12:34:58 pm »

Thanks.  Just did the 23 install, and I think I am good.  Do I need to uninstall 22, or does it make sense to leave that alone just in case?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 12:49:30 pm »

That's covered in the first post.

Tgterm

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 12:51:50 pm »

That's covered in the first post.