INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi and Harmony Smart (Hub) Remote?  (Read 1659 times)

jmang

• Recent member
IdPi and Harmony Smart (Hub) Remote?
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:59:57 pm »

I've read all over the place and can't seem to find definitive answers on how to marry IdPi with the Harmony remote, specifically:

1) Can the IdPi be paired via Bluetooth with a Harmony Hub and get the remote signals that way or would I have to add an IR receiver to the IdPi?

2) For purpose of configuring the IdPi as a Harmony-controlled device, could it be as simple as telling the Harmony app that the IdPi is an Xbox?  Or is there some other magical incantation to be employed?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi and Harmony Smart (Hub) Remote?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:35:56 pm »

As far as I can tell, the Linux version of MC does not support remote controls.  I see no options for Remote in Tools > Options so I don't think a standard IR receiver and remote will work and I definitely don't think BlueTooth will work.

A FLIRC should work, but will take some configuration on the FLIRC side and possibly on the MC custom keyboard configuration.

I'm using EOS (kind of like JRemote) with my MC for Linux on a Pi and am happy with it so far.  I might play around with the FLIRC on it at some point, but haven't done so yet.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:44:56 am »

I've read all over the place and can't seem to find definitive answers on how to marry IdPi with the Harmony remote ...
It looks like you solved the problem.  Thanks for posting the answer:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,102236.msg771098.html#msg771098

jmang

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 01:02:38 am »

JimH: You're welcome.  But I should note I'm not using IdPi which is the object of this thread, I'm using a RPi running the full Raspian O/S installed from the NOOBS package and MC 22.  My solution required access to the O/S via the command line, installation of a Linux package called xdotool and adding code to the /home/pi/.config/openbox/lxde-pi-rc.xml file in order to customize buttons on the Harmony remote in addition to pairing the Harmony with the RPi in Bluetooth and a few other tweaks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up