INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too many songs require re-encoding.  (Read 789 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Too many songs require re-encoding.
« on: July 04, 2003, 05:58:18 pm »

I noticed that when using MC to ecode mp3's, a song or two out of a handful of albums get cut off early and need to be re-ripped.  These songs play fine in MC and in Windows Media Player, but on the iPod they stop prematurely (3 to 30 seconds) and just play silence for the remainder of the track.  If I re-rip/encode the track it works fine.

It doesn't happen all "that" often, but it's enough to be annoying since I run into it more than once every couple hours of listenning.  If I happen to hit the right songs, it can get quite frustrating.  The point is that it's happening more often than a "negligible" amount.  I tried disabling the "rip and encode simultaneously" feature, but it still happens.

Does anybody have any information on this?  It's specific to the iPod (possibly a combination of MC plus the iPod) since this is never a problem playing the song on the computer (MC or WMP.)

Thanks for any help with this,

Larry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Too many songs require re-encoding.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2003, 03:10:32 am »

I think that's an iPod problem.  Try using the iPod support thread here or reading posts at ipodlounge.com.  It's something a lot of people have seen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up