INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuttering playback after a few seconds or minutes new HTPC  (Read 2412 times)

battlescarze

• Recent member
Stuttering playback after a few seconds or minutes new HTPC
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:38:38 pm »

Hi,

I have taken the step to build a HTPC after some time away from PC builds...my system consists of:

AMD Ryzen CPU, BioStar MOBO, Zotac 1050Ti Video card, Windows and JRiver 23

It does not matter what I play, after starting up a show or movie it plays perfectly for an indeterminate amount of time and then stutters badly.  Both the audio and video are terrible.

I run the PC into an Anthem MRX710 receiver and then to my Panasonic Plasma TV.

At first I thought maybe a HDCP issue?  However it appears to have a green check for MadVR settings, it does mention possible issues with some hardware because of the switching...via the receiver.

I tried VLC, the audio doesn't work, but the video plays fine extended...

Any ideas?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stuttering playback after a few seconds or minutes new HTPC
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 04:46:06 pm »

Any ideas?

Guessing ... BIOS ... drivers for video and audio - are you on the latest? Given that you're seeing issues with other software that's suggesting to me that you're dealing with matters at the hardware end of things.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

battlescarze

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 05:31:04 pm »

Actually the other software behaved as expected...VLC does not play HD Audio...apparently it is still not sorted.

So I am thinking it is software, because the video didn't stutter with VLC but does with JRiver.

But realistically it could be so many things...I was going to try installing an older driver...I did have a used GTX950 Nvidia and it worked OK, but it had to go back to its owner last week.  So I bought a better card and ran into the stuttering.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 05:40:01 pm »

What is the full version of JRiver?

Are the files local?

Do they play with Red October Standard (MC Video settings)?

battlescarze

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 05:53:56 pm »

It is the latest stable version 23.0.22, the OS is on an M2.2 SSD128, and the files are on a WD 8TB 3.5" Gold Standard HDD.

This is an extremely fast build, and I can handbrake a 2 hour movie in 4 hours on Ultra HQ...my old PC would take 16-24hrs.

I have a feeling it is HDCP v2.2...the cards I purchased support this latest version of HDCP.  I tried a 1030 GT and a 1050 Ti, last week I had an older card 950 GTX...makes me think it may be an Nvidia issue.  I was thinking of picking up an ATI to see if that works.

Manfred

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 11:34:45 am »

-Which Audio Interface are you using NVIDIA High Definition Audio Interface WASAPI? What is the buffer size unde Device Options?
-In Video Options: Have you enabled hardware accelerate video decoding when possible?
-Try Red Oct. Standard.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

battlescarze

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 02:58:23 pm »

The issue is a PCIe slot on the MOBO...late last night I tried moving the video card to a different slot and it was fine after that.  I have not moved back to confirm, but last week I had a different case and used a different location on the MOBO due to size of the case.

Thanks kindly for all the suggestions.  It would seem the first suggestion of the MOBO was the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up