INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 23 crashing, and seems to be taking MC 22 with it.  (Read 1573 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC 23 crashing, and seems to be taking MC 22 with it.
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:34:42 pm »

Logs attached from MC23.  I have a MC22 server running on my network, and I am testing MC23 on another PC (same network).  MC 23 is crashing, and it appears is taking the production MC22 server with it.  The MC22 server has been fairly stable, but has had 3 crashes (not freezes, crashes...dialog box of 'MC23.exe has stopped working...') in the last 24 hours. 

Link to the MC23 logs:  https://1drv.ms/t/s!AnE5POFW-MymgYofWMrCM4NIQ0DTxQ

Hope someone has an idea!

I did have Media Network enabled on MC23, and just turned it off, but I am afraid to relaunch it, and miss TV recordings.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC 23 crashing, and seems to be taking MC 22 with it.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 12:29:08 pm »

Having Media Network turned off did not make a difference.  Is it possible to run MC22 and MC23 on the same network?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 02:15:16 pm »

The MC22 server has been fairly stable, but has had 3 crashes (not freezes, crashes...dialog box of 'MC23.exe has stopped working...')  ...
That's a freeze.  It's a Windows error message that just means Windows can't communicate with the program.  It doesn't mean the program has stopped working.  Let it run, even overnight.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 02:39:30 pm »

No, it's most definitely a crash. I let it run overnight last night, but even without that, the tray icon disappears, and when you click OK on the dialog box, it closes.

It doesn't say it is unresponsive, it is an actual crash message from Windows.  The dialog box is something similar to the one shown here:

http://www.solveinweb.com/solved-program-exe-has-stopped-working-in-windows/

StarVector11

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

I've been experiencing repeated crashing, every day, for the last 2-3 months (MC21). After upgrading to MC23, the issue still occurs. I have tinnitus and the crashing interrupts my audio treatment every day.

Windows 10; happens both on PC and on a separate Surface laptop; Am a big fan of MC since MC11 and I've never seen crash issues until now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 03:34:38 pm »

Could be antivirus software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up