INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Button Not Working After Using MC 22  (Read 1874 times)

Unsionn

• Recent member
Windows Button Not Working After Using MC 22
« on: August 31, 2017, 11:17:45 am »

After running MC or even while it is running I am unable to access the Windows 10 Menu.  That is, the windows icon on the bottom right hand side of the monitor does not work. This gives you access to the Application List, the Settings button and the tiles where you have added shortcuts for your Apps.  I have to reboot my PC to get it working again. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?  I have the latest updates for my Win10 64bit Pro and my MC ver is MC22.0.108.

Rgs
Unsionn ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Unsionn

• Recent member
Re: Windows Button Not Working After Using MC 22
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 11:47:58 am »

Hi Guys.
Just getting back to this now. Thanks for the help. Tried the "script method" and it didn't seem to work. Now maybe that was me not reading the instructions properly.  In the end found the SIGN OUT then SIGN IN method worked fine and I am happy with that.  Thanks again.
Regards,
Unsionn :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows Button Not Working After Using MC 22
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »

Sometimes just pressing the Win+R key combination to open the Run dialogue is enough to start it working again. Leave it open while you first use the Windows menu.

I don't run the script because I don't want that running in the background. I rarely have to reboot to fix the issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up