INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sandisk 400GB microSD card, $250  (Read 2313 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Sandisk 400GB microSD card, $250
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:09:17 pm »

We're headed toward a TB on a phone.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/31/sandisks-400gb-microsd-card-is-an-android-phones-best-friend/

I bought a 256GB microSD card a couple of months ago to use in my IdPi.  It's enough for all my audio and images.  It already feels like a big hard disk.

Hilton

Re: Sandisk 400GB microSD card, $250
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 04:30:01 am »

Me Likey!  ;D

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 06:39:58 am »

I bought a 256GB microSD card a couple of months ago to use in my IdPi.  It's enough for all my audio and images.  It already feels like a big hard disk.

My setup is kind of funny.  I have a Pi3, a WD 1TB Passport drive, and an older external SoundBlaster Live 24 USB DAC.  The Pi is the smallest piece!  The hard drive and DAC are both bigger.  It works for me for now...

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 09:02:25 am »

I've had a 200GB microSD card in my Windows 10 Mobile for over a year now. It is nice because I can just take as many photos and videos as I like and not worry about space. They get synced back to my PC via OneDrive, where I cull or file them on the big screen. Easy.

Samsung now produces a 2TB m.2 SSD, that is just 80.15x22.15x2.38mm. I guess it won't be long before Phones and/or a version of the Pi supports those.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:10:55 pm »

I have been using class 3 (U3) microSDs lately. Currently the max size is 128GB but 256GB is coming out in October. Compared to class 10 cards they are at least 5 times faster when copying files to them, probably 8 times faster when reading. It is like the difference between USB2 and USB3. I have two 128GB in my a mp3 player and one in my android tablet. I highly recommend to go for speed over size.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 06:58:31 pm »

I highly recommend to go for speed over size.

I certainly agree with that for my Action Cameras, normal cameras, and anything where I need to copy large amounts of data off the card regularly. Because it isn't the speed of the device using the card (relatively slow) but the time taken to move data off the card that matters. Think 20+ GoPro and other action cameras that need to have four to six hours of video copied off them every night. That takes time, and USB3 card readers are essential.

But for my phone, most data is transferred via wireless, so transfer speed isn't the issue. Capacity is. Plus my 200GB card, a "SanDisk 200GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I SD Card", is still capable of near hard disk read speeds. Certainly faster than wireless or most Hard Disk write speeds at up to 90MB/s.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up