INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temp & Pitch DSP activation causes player to crash sometimes  (Read 1373 times)

Sanxel

• Recent member
Temp & Pitch DSP activation causes player to crash sometimes
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:28:40 pm »

I probably already reported this for an older version. During a video playback, if I open Tempo & Pitch DSP and begin to increase the Tempo slider, the player may hang up completely sometimes. If I first activate this DSP via a checkbox and begin changing the Tempo, no problem ever occurs. Sometimes I just forget to do that, which results in the player not responding, more precisely the video continues to play for like 10 seconds without sound and stops.

So when I first activate this DSP, not touching a slider, then there is some pause before I move the mouse to the slider to change a Tempo setting, and so no problems. But if I forget to activate it beforehand and do increase the tempo slider, the DSP activates automatically, but almost simultaneously with the Tempo increase, which I think causes the player to crash.

Other thought is, I use "minimum hardware size" buffer, which may complicate things somewhat.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Temp & Pitch DSP activation causes player to crash sometimes
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:42:02 pm »

What version of MC are you using?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:47:51 pm »

With proper video files, from a legitimate source, I would never expect you to need to use the Tempo and Pitch features.  Why are you using this with Video files?

Brian.

Sanxel

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 01:28:51 am »

Hello. Thanks for the replies. I use it primarily for speaker speech rate correction. So I use the Tempo slider(speed up and slow down playback without changing the pitch). The other 2 sliders(Pitch and Rate) I don't use. For the same purpose, for example, YouTube or Udemy allows to set Playback Rate to 1x, 1,25x or 2x.
In JRiver, I use primarily the values from 1.18x to 1.42x, this helps not to be annoyed by slow speakers.

JRiver version is 23.0.22. Actually I have a solution for this using Autohotkey script. So it just opens DSP studio on MButton click, moves the mouse to activate the Tempo & Pitch and closes DSP Studio. This way I can quickly enable/disable rate correction. And it works perfectly. The problem occurs, if I decide to increase/decrease the rate and forget to activate T&P, then the player may crash, and have to end the task with Task Manager.
Pages: [1]   Go Up