INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 96 kHz max sampling rate  (Read 1670 times)

Butters

• Recent member
96 kHz max sampling rate
« on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:47 am »

Greetings,

I have a car stereo head-end unit (a DAC), that will play flac files (and other formats) up to and including a sampling rate of 96,000 Hz.  It plays these flac files directly from a USB thumb drive.

My quandary is that I have hundreds of flac files that are of a sampling rate that is higher than 96,000 Hz.  They will not play in my car.  So I want to include them, at a compatible sampling rate, to plug into my car's DAC via a USB thumb drive.

Can JRiver's MediaCenter convert/downsample flac files so that I will have those songs in a format (96kHz) that my car's DAC will find to be compatible?

To put it another way:
How can I get "some_song.flac", which is currently a file at 192 kHz, converted/downsampled to a "some_song.flac" file at 96 kHz?

I, of course, want to keep my original high res files at their current sampling rate (I have backup copies of everything).  I am looking only to make copies of my high res files at a lower res, just to be able to play them in my car.

Thank you.

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 96 kHz max sampling rate
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 04:52:12 am »

Hi

Simple ....

Library tools>Convert

Look for Apply DSP settings. And set all sample rates >96 to 96

Highlight the files in standard view and Convert

The files will end up in the MC Conversion Cache, you can configure where that sits on your HDD

Mike

Butters

• Recent member
Re: 96 kHz max sampling rate
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:59 am »

Hi

Simple ....

Library tools>Convert

Look for Apply DSP settings. And set all sample rates >96 to 96

Highlight the files in standard view and Convert

The files will end up in the MC Conversion Cache, you can configure where that sits on your HDD

Mike

That did exactly what I needed.
Thanks Mike!
Pages: [1]   Go Up