INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 23.0.48 -- Available Here  (Read 7827 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 23.0.48 -- Available Here
« on: September 05, 2017, 01:30:44 pm »

This is an early build of JRiver Media Center 23.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v23/latest/MediaCenter230048.exe

23.0.48 (9/2/2017)

1. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts were broken in 23.0.47.

23.0.47 (8/31/2017)

1. Changed: The image portion of the tag window uses the same highlight color from the skin as the text fields.
2. Changed: Added selection colors to the tag section of all the skins (thanks Awesome Donkey).
3. Fixed: If one of the conversion cache folders was empty, it would exclude all folders from an import.
4. Changed: Conversion cache folders are enforced to always be underneath a "JRiver Conversion Cache" folder.

23.0.46 (8/31/2017)

1. Fixed: "Rename, Move, & Copy File" tool did not copy/move thumbnail files for jtv files properly.
2. Changed: Convert Format tool will prevent system from going to sleep.
3. Changed: The fields with values section of the new tag window now includes editable calculated fields like year.
4. Changed: Skins can specify a highlight color for the tag window by filling: <TAGWINDOW> <Colors Selection="00FF00" /> with a value.

23.0.45 (8/29/2017)

1. Changed: When Media Center pops out of the tray to play a video (new feature) it'll now return to the tray after the video is stopped.
2. Changed: The reshuffle remaining command disables when there's less than two tracks in Playing Now.
3. Changed: Panel replaces the old WebGizmo interface.

23.0.44 (8/29/2017)

1. NEW: Web Gizmo - Added radio buttons and play doctor search.
2. Fixed: Web Gizmo - Mobile view playback controls.
3. Fixed: Enabling the WDM driver from a normal user account could result in it being removed again when MC was updated.
4. Changed: Made searching on an expression work with greater than and less than signs to treat it as a number (that makes a search like [=ListCount([Artist])]=>1 work).
5. Changed: Web Gizmo - Simplified interface by removing the sidebar and adding navigation links.

23.0.43 (8/28/2017)

1. Fixed: Picking multiple files with different ratings would clear the rating field in the new tag window.
2. Fixed: Possible rare crash from the tab control code.
3. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
4. NEW: Added a Slovenian translation (thanks Lorem Ipsum).
5. Changed: When starting playback to a Media Server running in the tray, it will jump to display view if it's a video.
6. Fixed: Typed navigation was not working in pane views on Windows.

23.0.42 (8/25/2017)

1. NEW: Ratings show as lists of clickable stars in the new tag window instead of as a number.
2. Changed: Lyrics and other large value type edit fields will show up to 6 lines in the new tag window instead of only one line.
3. Fixed: Mouse wheeling over a large text edit control in the new tag window would stop the editing instead of scrolling.
4. Changed: Clicking the close button on the new tag window will stop any open editing instead of closing the window.
5. NEW: Web Gizmo - Playing now page on mobile has complete playback controls.

23.0.41 (8/23/2017)

1. Changed: The zone switch menu appears when you right-click DLNA zones.
2. Changed: Files that get linked now contain a "Link Start" field value that's the first file in the link.  This allows you to easily see if a file is linked or not (since the "Link" field is empty on the last file).
3. Changed: When starting playback of linked tracks, the first file in the link set is always started (if the link was newly created so has the Link Start set).
4. Changed: Clicking a large edit box will no longer select all (instead the selection will be at the start).
5. NEW: Web Gizmo - Progress bar now shows buffered portions of the media.
6. NEW: Web Gizmo - Fullscreen mode for images along with previous & next controls.

23.0.40 (8/22/2017)

1. Changed: Added the video option "Stop after a long pause" to make the new behavior optional (defaults to on).
2. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
3. Fixed: Added another little check to the suggestion code because we got a crash dump pointing to it.

23.0.39 (8/21/2017)

1. NEW: The new tag window has the ability to show all fields with values (just add the type "Fields With Values" in the edit dialog).
2. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
3. Changed: Dutch translation updated (thanks Patrick van d​er Loo).
4. Changed: Japanese translation updated (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Changed: The player defaults to the new tag window, but you can still open the old tag window by holding shift down.
7. NEW: Added the expression function IsDigit to test a string for digits (and decimals).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AudioMan612

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.48 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:08:10 pm »

Hi,

Since upgrading to this latest version, my shell extensions seem to no longer work.  The menu shows up, but none of the options (Play, Add to Playing Now, etc.) work now.  They will open JRiver, but they will not add anything to the now playing playlist.  I have tried turning Shell Extensions off and back on again, but it did not fix the problem.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:19:53 am »

There were a few reports of that on some systems. No one said what fixed it, but I think just making sure the Shell Extensions/Integration was turned on, then rebooting the PC did the trick.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112159.msg775121.html#msg775121

Also this from earlier: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110379.msg772486.html#msg772486
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bjornid

JRiver Media Center 23.0.48 -- install error
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:45:25 am »

I tried installing version 23.0.48 on my Win 10 PC running in norwegian language. It seems that the installer looks for JRiver files in 'program files (x86)\... My program files folder is called 'Programfiler (x86)\...' and the install fails. I just installed the same version on my media server PC running in english and that worked fine.

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 05:17:02 am »

Hi,
Two systems running .48. One works fine but on the other shell extensions don't work. It is tick under options and rebooting doesn't help.
Thanks

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 23.0.48 -- install error
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 07:22:27 am »

I tried installing version 23.0.48 on my Win 10 PC running in norwegian language. It seems that the installer looks for JRiver files in 'program files (x86)\... My program files folder is called 'Programfiler (x86)\...' and the install fails. I just installed the same version on my media server PC running in english and that worked fine.

Was this your first install, or an upgrade?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bjornid

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 07:31:09 am »

Was this your first install, or an upgrade?

This was an upgrade. JRiver started extracting files and preparing an upgrade when I started JRiver this morning.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 08:17:43 am »

This was an upgrade. JRiver started extracting files and preparing an upgrade when I started JRiver this morning.

I did some checking, and it appears Windows just "fakes" the translated program files folder, so that appears to be the right place (even if slightly confusing).
That particular error can also happen when JRTools.dll is still in use, did you just try "Retry"?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bjornid

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 08:30:45 am »

I did some checking, and it appears Windows just "fakes" the translated program files folder, so that appears to be the right place (even if slightly confusing).
That particular error can also happen when JRTools.dll is still in use, did you just try "Retry"?

I tried "Retry" and also I tried to rename the DLL just to make sure that it wasn't in use or locked.
However I just did what I should have done in the first place, restarting my laptop. I was now able to upgrade without problems.

davewave

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 10:50:14 pm »

Hi all,

Long time since I have checked in.  I finally got around to installing 23.   I am running into an issue which could be a bug or could be user error.

I am trying to convert some FLAC files from 24 - 96 to 24- 48.  Somehow the file are ending up larger than before.  I also tried leaving the files as is and converting them and the resulting files were about twice as big as the originals.

Any thoughts?

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 03:57:30 pm »

Hi,

Since upgrading to this latest version, my shell extensions seem to no longer work.  The menu shows up, but none of the options (Play, Add to Playing Now, etc.) work now.  They will open JRiver, but they will not add anything to the now playing playlist.  I have tried turning Shell Extensions off and back on again, but it did not fix the problem.

Same problem.  I've tried turning it off and on in Options, but no luck, either.  The only way I can import a non-watched file or folder now is to do it manually.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 07:22:58 pm »

I am trying to convert some FLAC files from 24 - 96 to 24- 48.  Somehow the file are ending up larger than before.  I also tried leaving the files as is and converting them and the resulting files were about twice as big as the originals.

You may want to start a new thread Dave, as we wouldn't want to set a bad example and break the T&C around here.  ;D

But you may also want to look at the FLAC compression level set for your conversion. The default is level 6. Maybe your originals were more compressed.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 06:19:28 am »

Please use this thread for shell integration problems:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112159.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up