INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: flipping back-n-forth between MC 22 and MC23  (Read 1481 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
flipping back-n-forth between MC 22 and MC23
« on: September 05, 2017, 06:51:41 pm »

are there any limitations or potential issues with flipping between the two versions?  i noticed that it always asks for windows permissions to modify something... i also dont want Mc to think i'm continually activating it and possibly hit some max on my master license.

i am using MC22 as a base since it works better with madVR for my needs, but want to keep checking MC23 in case the issue i have is addressd.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: flipping back-n-forth between MC 22 and MC23
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:53:07 pm »

No problem.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 06:09:46 am »

The Windows Permissions message sounds like the shell extension swapping between versions.

You might want to disable this in MC23, but otherwise as Jim says there shouldn't be any major issues :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 09:22:45 am »

Plus registering some COM components, and DirectShow filters, particularly the JTV TV format ones, at least.

As long as you allow the changes, all will be good.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up