INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pops between tracks and during playback  (Read 1939 times)

shakeydeal

• Recent member
Pops between tracks and during playback
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:42:07 am »

I know this question has been asked here before, I searched the archives, but I haven't found a solution that pertains to my situation.

Here is my setup:

JRiver MC 23 on laptop sending signal via wifi to Chromecast renderer to MHDT DAC. Hificast or bubbleup on tablet as a controller. I still get some pops between tracks. Not every time, but more often than not. And faint pops during the first 30 seconds or so of playback. I have tried gapless setting in the server software and the gapless settings in the renderer software. Still persists.

One thing that should be mentioned is that I still have Logitech Media Server installed on the laptop and it automatically runs when the PC is up. So that means that MC and LMS are running concurrently. I have read that can cause issues. I don't need LMS anymore so I will uninstall. Could this be the problem? Or something else? Suggestions?

Thx

Shakey

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Pops between tracks and during playback
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 09:44:24 am »

LMS does not give any issues on my server. Clicks between tracks may be related to the dac locking on to a new sample rate.

shakeydeal

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:53:35 am »

All tracks on an album have the same sample rate. I never shuffle songs from different albums. It's one at a time for me.

Shakey

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:18:53 am »

It might be the wi-fi network connection. A test would be to try using a wired connection to see if the issue goes away but this may not be possible with the devices you're using. Is there any scope to experiment with the quality/strength of the wi-fi link?

Spike

shakeydeal

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 10:47:00 am »

My Samsung tablet in the same room says the wifi signal is strong. I have another wireless router that is brand new sitting in a  box. I may give that a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up