INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request (maybe) - Automatically play next file in folder  (Read 4485 times)

Rippedgeek

• Recent member
Feature request (maybe) - Automatically play next file in folder
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:48:44 pm »

Hi all

I'm new to JRiver MC and absolutely loving the software so far. 
What I'm trying to achieve is to replicate one feature that PotPlayer has (my previous go-to media player), and that is the ability to automatically play the next media file in a folder.

I generally don't use playlists and much prefer to browse to a folder and then open the file(s) directly from there.  For instance, I'd go to my movies folder -> Atmos Demos and then in PotPlayer, play the first file in that folder and PotPlayer would then automatically play the following file in alphabetical sequence after that.  Same goes for music.

So, I might just be missing an obvious setting in MC to allow me to do this - and if so, would love to hear about it.

The other feature that I'd love to see (and which may already exist?) is the ability to use the shell integration to right click on a folder and "Open in MC" or something like that.  MC should then play whatever the media in that folder might be.

Cheers - and to the authors of this exceptional piece of software - thanks, it's the best money I've spent on software in a long, long time.

RP

Rippedgeek

• Recent member
Re: Feature request (maybe) - Automatically play next file in folder
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 05:45:02 pm »

So, I assume by the number of views and no answer that this isn't currently possible?

@JimH - Is this worth pursuing at all?

Cheers
RP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 06:08:25 pm »

I think you're using the explorer in MC to navigate through folders and then play a file.  If so, you could select all before you press play, or you could select the folder itself and press play.

Better would be to use MC's navigation of Artist, Album, etc.

Rippedgeek

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 06:41:32 pm »

Thanks for the response, Jim.

I actually use Altap Salamander, a pretty obscure file management utility, but that's my primary method of navigating Windows on all of my machines, and IMO, it's great.

Would it be possible to add a "right-click and play contents of folder(s)" option at all?

Like this: 

Thanks again
RP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 07:43:12 pm »

In MC's options, you can set MC to use "Shell Extensions".  Then reboot.

Options has a search window at the bottom.

Rippedgeek

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 08:22:05 pm »

Yes, I have shell extensions turned on, not on my laptop though, but on my HTPC... aaand I just found how to do it.  Doh.

I was selecting "Play" from the extension list, not "Replace & Play" - that did the trick.  Thanks a ton, Jim.

RP
Pages: [1]   Go Up