INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles selection  (Read 1823 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Subtitles selection
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:28:23 am »

I am experiencing a frustrating problem which makes me using Videostream for playing video.
The scenario is playing movies to a DLNA renderer (in my case an Oppo BDP-105D but it should not matter)
The movie starts without subtitles, even if I updated the info from the web and selected subtitles download from OST
I seached the wiki finding tha subtutlles selection mus by done by right clicking the OSD but I cannot find the OSD on my PC scree (and it is funny I cannot click the VPR projection area for this :))
I renamed the donwnolade srt file for movie a.mp4 to a.srt hoping that JRiver loaded a.srt as default subtitle for playing, which was not the case

Since I cannt think there is no way for this, assuming that I am so dummy for not finding this way (I tried yesterday 30 mins with no joy) I am then chasing for help

Thank you so much (I also poste a request to tthe 'improvement' thead to give the user a chance to access the menus other way than OSD)
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Subtitles selection
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 05:46:18 am »

Try playing the movie locally first.  To your computer screen or another directly attached device.  Once playing, right click on the background to get the menu, then select your subtitles.  Watch for a moment, then press stop.  This should SAVE your subtitle selection inside the movie metadata.

Now try playing to your DLNA device again and hopefully it will bring up your last used settings, including subtitles.

Brian.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 04:57:52 am »

Thanks for your suggestion but it still does not work ...

I will continue using Videostream and chromecast

I am disappointed that both JRemote and JRiver does not allow to switch subtitles easily i.e. without passing thru the OSD - it would not be too much diffucult to implement I think (BTW this is something Videostream can smoothly do)

I spent a lot o f praises for JRiver with my friends before watching a movies, just to go back to videostream :)
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:01:04 am »

It might work if you set MC to "no conversion" in the DLNA Server settings in MC.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:41:38 pm »

You mean
Media Server -> Add or configure DLNA servers ->
then which Mode and which Format?
I cannot find the 'No Conversion' check box
Stereo:

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 05:19:50 am »

You mean
Media Server -> Add or configure DLNA servers ->
then which Mode and which Format?
I cannot find the 'No Conversion' check box
The issue is still there. Any progress? in principle should not be difficult for the dev. team to allow subtitles selection in a place other than the OSD when using the JRiver server with a DLNA renderer... no user cares about this?
thanks much
Stereo:
Pages: [1]   Go Up