INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jump To View  (Read 2292 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Jump To View
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:54:02 am »

Back in the day I could be navigating down into say Audio\Genre\ and then find a track by say Eric Clapton and click the little -> next to the Artist name and the view would jump to Audio\Artist\Eric Clapton. Is there a way to make views do this again? Now MC jumps to a Audio\Genre view that shows a list of the Genre's that Eric Clapton can be found under, which is usually not of much use to me.
Thanks!

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Jump To View
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 01:30:03 pm »

I agree. I would expect it to jump to a view with all the Eric Clapton in the library. I thought it used to work like that?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 01:50:27 pm »

Those triangles, which are called "linked columns" jump to the LAST VIEW you were using before you went to your current view.  If you want to see them jump to the Artist view, then make sure you navigate to the Artist view first.

I usually do this by having 2 or more tabs open.  I keep one of those tabs open to my most common view (which is Albums for me).  Then, when I go to another tab, like my Playing Now tab, I can click the linkable columns triangles and it takes me to my albums view for whatever album, artist, etc, I click on.

I hope that helps.

Brian.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 02:01:25 pm »

Yeah, manually navigating to Audio\Artist is what we have to do now, it just used to be nice having the program jump over for us.
Thanks!

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 05:31:45 pm »

I've seen this same behavior since MC20.  Not sure if you experienced something different during that time.

Brian.

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 06:07:25 pm »

Yeah it's been a while since it changed. It's just been one of those little things I never got around to bring up but has bugged me for quite a while. Was just hoping someone else might have a way to tweak the view settings to recreate this functionality.
Thanks!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 05:38:53 am »

i'm confused.  can anyone explain accurately so i can try and reproduce?

when i'm in any view (i don't have any stock views FYI) if i click on the arrow for artist it shows all the artist files (in the same tab i'm in) which is how it appears the OP wants it...

Spike1000

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 06:05:34 am »

I see the same as Josh.

Staring from Audio | Genre if I click on 'File' next to say 'Rock Music' (image01)
Then I click the link next to the artist (Image02)
It drops you to Audio | Genre (Image03) and lists the genres that (David Bowie) appears under rather than an artists view (Audio | Artist) of David Bowie.

Spike

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 06:06:51 am »

As an example, I have a view with Compilation Albums only. If I click on the arrow of an artist in one of those albums, it will only show the Compilation albums where that artist has a song on not all the songs of that artist.

This may be how it supposed to work, but I just seem to remember it was different in the past.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 06:15:33 pm »

Staring from Audio | Genre if I click on 'File' next to say 'Rock Music' (image01)
Then I click the link next to the artist (Image02)
It drops you to Audio | Genre (Image03) and lists the genres that (David Bowie) appears under rather than an artists view (Audio | Artist) of David Bowie.

thanks

when i do these exact steps, i get a list with just that artist on it (see screens).
Pages: [1]   Go Up