INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play "to" a library?  (Read 1321 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Play "to" a library?
« on: October 10, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »

Is it possible to use an MC instance to use as a playback device? I wonder if it would be possible to play music (or also video?) to another MC installation. So basically the reverse functionality of "playing from X library".
If not, can this be considered as a functionality (across OS's if possible)?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Play "to" a library?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:16:26 pm »

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:29:43 pm »

With TRemote you remote control the remote MC instance with your local MC.  You play the remote files to the remote playback device.

The way I think you are asking for is to play local files to the playback device on a remote MC instance.  You can do that by selecting the remote MC instance in Playing Now, and then selecting tracks and pressing play.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »

It's both.

Once you have connected the client and server, you can choose any source and any destination.

tyler69

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 11:51:42 am »

Thanks, however, I get an error when I try to connect to my windows laptop running MC23. I followed the instructions in your link. Any suggestions on what I could try?
EDIT: after trying again I need to uninstall. This is already the second time I uninstall since I installed this application a few days ago.
EDIT2: after checking "use media network..." on my client MacBook, I managed to connect to the remote library. This step should probably be added to the Wiki article.
Pages: [1]   Go Up