INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library fully rebuilding after network unavailability  (Read 1112 times)

mikolajek

• Recent member
Library fully rebuilding after network unavailability
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:25:26 am »

I run my MC with my NAS off, and since my media files are stored on NAS, MC couldn't access them. After maybe 5 seconds all collection records, that got displayed at MC startup, vanished and I got presented with "Searching for files..." message. I closed MC down, powered my NAS and once it fully booted up, I re-opened MC. However my collection hasn't got back - instead I see it being slowly rebuilt as I was importing new files to it. Moreover, some of the files are presented as requiring audio analysis, even though I'm certain all my existing files have already been analyzed and have necessary tag information.

I've got seriously confused with this - why is it happening? Is it normal behavior? Shall I then pay close attention to ensure MC is connected to the files storage, otherwise it will clear its library?

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library fully rebuilding after network unavailability
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 02:17:12 pm »

A couple of points:
You can always restore from a backup of MC.
Check out the notes and videos in my footer, specifically

Code: [Select]
Tools | Options... | Library & Folders | Configure auto import | Tasks | Fix Broken Links | (set it to NO if you use NAS, I leave it set to YES as I make changes outside MC)
Spike

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Library fully rebuilding after network unavailability
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »

quote from mikolajek:  I run my MC with my NAS off

Why? they (Nas) will rest when not being used.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up