INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel Issue  (Read 1840 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Panel Issue
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »

I wrote a month or two back in the Panel thread about some problems getting Panel to work on any of my PCs on my home network (link here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105883.msg779243.html#msg779243). I'm still having trouble getting Panel to be in any way responsive when I go to "localhost:52199" on my server PC, on both Chrome and Edge. It seems like a script is holding things up (according to Edge, anyway: "localhost is not responding due to a long-running script"), and Chrome apparently does the same thing, as I usually end up having to kill the page.

--Media Network is on and working (just tested the connection, and it works; plus I use JRemote and DLNA all the time).

--I've "tamed" Windows Defender by including exceptions for JRService.exe, JRWeb.exe, Media Center 23.exe, JRWorker.exe, PackageInstaller.exe, JRCrashHandler.exe, JRiver's Appdata\Roaming folder, the entire JRiver folder in "Program Files" (I'm using the 64 bit version 23.0.82), and all of my drives that contain media files

--BradATIMA had pointed out that the "Images" category wasn't showing up in my original screenshot and that that might be a clue; and it's still not there; "Images" is still in the Tree in MC, however, even though I never use it and have no images in MC

--I did get it working just now in both Edge and Chrome, but that was after letting it sit (load?) for about 5 minutes; but then after playing one track, it got wonky again; and then after about 5 minutes or so, I hear audio again; [edit] just now stopped playing again in Edge after the 2nd track played, saying that "localhost isn't responding" and then once again I got the message that "locahost isn't responding due to a long-running script."

--I do have a massive library (nearly one million files, mostly audio); could something with that be the problem? I mean my DLNA views aren't loading every file, of course, just certain categories tied to view schemes I have set up on the MC server

--last night when I was playing around with it, I noticed that when I got the error message in Chrome (to kill the page or not), other Interact pages I had open suddenly got so that I couldn't click on or scroll through them either. Weird, especially since any other web page I was on was fine.

Just don't know what else to check. Something in my router? Port forwarding is obviously set up because Media Network works both within and without my home network. I'm at a loss. I did attach a log here, to see if anything shows up there.

Thanks for any and all help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Panel Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:43:19 pm »

A big library might take a while.

Windows Defender should ignore your media directories.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:49:45 pm »

Right: as I said, I set up an exception in Defender for all Media directories.

[Edit] One question, though: wouldn't JRemote also take a long time to load with a big library? It loads nearly instantaneously, as did the old WebGizmo (which now doesn't work anymore either, by the way).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 07:56:49 pm »

I don't know.  Wait a while to see what happens.

BradATIMA

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 11:23:21 am »

I sent you a private message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up