INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music store  (Read 2503 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Music store
« on: December 18, 2017, 10:56:06 am »

Does MC 23 have a music store built into it somewhere?  I am curious about whether or not I can use the MC interface and possibly web or mcc commands to purchase music in the current version of JRiver.  The wife might like a easy way to buy new music.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music store
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:31:36 am »

No.  Sorry.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 11:56:59 am »

If you buy from Amazon, and don't use their downloader, MC should handle the download.

jachin99

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 12:51:07 pm »

So store functionality is limited to what stores will display an process my purchases in JRiver's built in web browser?  If i download from these in said browser will it automatically create a new folder in my default music save location, and add cover art, etc?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:53:04 pm »

You could use any store that doesn't use DRM, and then download the files to a folder that MC watches.

fermenter

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 08:18:49 pm »

I'd like this functionality too. I'm not particularly wedded to any online music provider, so if MC had an integrated music store (or even just a link to an affiliate, with streamlined download-and-import) I'd happily use it.

Hard to imagine that it wouldn't form a useful income stream for JRiver.

jachin99

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 10:26:32 am »

In WMC there is a kind of context menu entry to buy music while you are playing music files.  Maybe in MC you could create something similar where in theater view and standard view there is a button that launches a search for music from the now playing artist in Amazon music or something similar.  The MMC remote app for WMC has something similar where it will display new movie releases and when you select a given movie you are taken to that movie's purchase page on amazon. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 10:30:22 am »

In WMC there is a kind of context menu entry to buy music while you are playing music files.  Maybe in MC you could create something similar where in theater view and standard view there is a button that launches a search for music from the now playing artist in Amazon music or something similar.  The MMC remote app for WMC has something similar where it will display new movie releases and when you select a given movie you are taken to that movie's purchase page on amazon. 
In Standard View, try playing audio, then clicking on Amazon in the upper right corner.

If you purchase, don't use Amazon's downloader.  JRiver can handle the download.

jachin99

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 11:56:28 am »

How do you feel about adding something similar to theater view

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 01:12:30 pm »

Probably not a great place to put it.