INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Judder Appearing After Watching Video Content a While [Solved]  (Read 2589 times)

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
Judder Appearing After Watching Video Content a While [Solved]
« on: December 20, 2017, 12:17:29 pm »

I recently set my PC up again.

I backed up the JRiver settings and library. Got it up and running again quickly.

However! I am now getting judder after watching video for some time. i.e. Eithe after say 15 Minutes or even an hour or so.

It was perfect before I re-installed and I even tried upgrading to MC23 to see if that helped.

I am quite confused as the settings and hardware are the same as before:

Core i7 7700K, 16Gb RAM, NVidia 980Ti

A device clearly capable of 1080p viewing :)

It does not matter the content, it could be 50HZ 1080i TS Files or 1080p MKV Files.

What happens is it's starts juddering (well dropping lots of frames) really badly and even if I Stop Video Playback completely the JRiver Menu is juddering too! It's quite odd.

I am using a Panasonic Plasma connected through a Yamaha Amp.

I can confirm that I think it is OK if I do not use using Red October HQ so I guess it's a setting in there.

What's odd is how it's fine for quite some time before messing up but once it's messed up I have to restart to fix the problem.

Any idea what settings it might be as it's really annoying?

Perhaps NVidia Driver/DirectX type issue?

P.S. I uninstalled LAV Filters (Only) that I need for some Emulation software as that definitely made he juddering more frequent...originally I installed this as part of a K-Lite codec back which I have since uninstalled too.

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Judder Appearing After Watching Video Content for a while
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 12:59:43 pm »

I wonder if the fall creators update has wrecked it. Will re-install on spare SSD to test.

Cheers

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »

Since it only seems to mess up when I Red October MadVR; is there a way to Reset all of the MadVR Settings to Defaults Please?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:05:27 pm »

In the "C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 23\Plugins\madvr" directory you will find a batch file called "restore default settings.bat" which is supposed to do it.

The other way is to delete the madVR directory, reboot, then play a video in MC which needs madVR (ROHQ) and it will be redownloaded. I actually prefer this method.

The version of madVR that MC uses was updated relatively recently and it did seem to cause some problems, particularly with customised madVR installations. Plus the Fall Creators update did cause issues, and other Windows updates continue to do so.

23.0.65 (9/27/2017)
2. Changed: Red October HQ updated to madVR 0.92.4.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 04:13:33 am »

Thanks i'll try that.

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 03:16:20 am »

OK folks so resetting MadVr didn't help.
I reinstalled windows and all is well again.
What I think happened is that I installed the latest K-lite codec pack so that mp4 video snaps would appear in my game emulation software.
I think this messed it all up. Uninstalling the codec pack made no difference.
Now I just need to give windows the mp4 codec without screwing up jriver.
Thanks for suggestions and happy holidays!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Judder Appearing After Watching Video Content a While [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 09:20:31 am »

I'm having the same thing happen.  I had (I think) installed Lav Filters with a Sage TV install, and it seemed to mess up JRiver.  I am at the point where I also plan to re-install Windows.

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 09:50:18 am »

I can confirm all is still well after the reinstall however I need to get the LAV codecs back on again.
Using acronis to back it up before I do that.
If it works I'll let you know what installed for the codecs but need to give it a day or two to make sure it's not going to mess it up again.
Will avoid K-lite and aim for a more up to date LAV codec.
Cheers

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 10:09:52 am »

Ah well after all that my video game snaps work now without me installing extra codes so nothing to test.
Good luck to you.

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 11:43:24 am »

An update. After installing NVidia Experience (shadowplay for recording games) the juddering reappeared immediately.

There were A couple of VC++ distros installed too but that did seem to break it.

Will test for a few days and see if it is fixed now I have uninstalled it.

Looks fine so far.

Gracias

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 02:34:00 pm »

Just to confirm, sorted after uninstalling Geforce Experience / Shadowplay.

Gracias
Pages: [1]   Go Up