INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New installation asking for registration all the time [Solved]  (Read 1125 times)

MD

• Recent member
New installation asking for registration all the time [Solved]
« on: December 28, 2017, 05:26:20 pm »

Hello,

I got myself a new laptop and installed MediaCenter 23 64 bits on it. At start-up, it needed my license of course, which I entered. My installation file was outdated, so it started updating, after which it wanted my registration again. I had no choice but to enter it again. Both times, it used up a restore of my license key.
When I wanted to connect with JRemote, it wouldn't connect, so I restarted my laptop to try again. And guess what: MC asked for my license again. All I could do is use enter it again and it used another restore. Every time, I install the MJR file I get with the restore.

I have restarted MC once since the last restore, and it didn't ask me for my license again, but how long will it last?
So, what is going wrong with my registration all the time? If it goes on like this, I'll be out of restores in no time, and I won't be able to use MC anymore.

Best regards,
Michael

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: New installation asking for registration all the time
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:25:49 pm »

sorry to hear that your having these issues, but you must have something odd going on...

don't worry about using up your restores as it's been reported over and over on this thread that they can reset them for you...

you need to find out what's going on...  so more info is needed about your setup....  that mjr file is good for 14 days
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 12:48:25 am »

The version of the license must match the version of JRiver you have installed.  Here are the full instructions:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

MD

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 07:12:50 am »

Thank you for your reply. The first time, I might have used an outdated MJR file. I dont' mean one from an older version of MC, but one that's older than 14 days. I didn't know about the 14 day limit. That doesn't explain the second failure, unless I used the wrong one by mistake again. So I deleted them all and saved the last one that was sent to me.
I now did a clean install and used the last MJR file that was sent to me. So far, it remembers the registration, and JRemote also works now. Happy again  :)

Best regards,
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up