INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Struggling with missing zones - one client can't see zones, some zones missing  (Read 854 times)

ianhatman

• Recent member

Hi, greetings from South Africa. I have been using MC for about 5 years, but still feel like a newby.  ;D

I have all 3 Windows PCs all running MC 23.0.91, plus 1 Macbook Pro running MC 23.0.83. One of the Windows machines is a HP Microserver where all media content resides. All other machines connect to it's shared library. Playing media anywhere to the local DAC / speaker outputs is working great on each device. Here is where I am struggling:
- the Asus Windows machine, which has B&W MM1 speakers attached, does not see any other zones, even after refreshing. I have deinstalled and reinstalled JRiver to no avail. This machine also cannot be seen as a zone by the others.
- the NUC Windows machine, which outputs to a Peachtree DAC-iTx, cannot be seen as a zone by other machines.
- the Macbook Pro, which I have not yet connected to external speakers, cannot be seen as a zone by other machines.

What am I doing wrong? Please help!  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Maybe the firewall on one or more machines is blocking.

I assume you have turned on Media Network on all machines.

ianhatman

• Recent member

Thanks Jim, I had messed up the media network settings. i can see them all now.

So I have a further question. which of the 3 DLNA boxes need to be checked if I don't want a machine to serve up any media, I just want it to be available to output music to it's speakers? It now shows a server library for each of the devices. I only use the library on the main server... 

I really appreciate the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up