INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling Olive  (Read 998 times)

EfeTe

• Recent member
Controlling Olive
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:15:20 pm »

Hi gents,

I know this has been discussed before by other users, although the previous threads on it do not seem to have ended in anything definitive or substantial.

All of my CD's (nearly 3,500) are stored on my Olive 04 HD's hard drive. Sounds real fine through my equipment but the control app is a total disaster, really clunky, has even stopped working on some of my iDevices. Not sure what exactly the 04HD uses (upnp, adln?) but I do know that my software -JRiver MC 22- does "see it" on the Playing Now column down the left.

It sees it but unfortunately it doesn't show me any files or let me do anything with the Olive 04HD tab. All I want is to use my JRemote app (which I've come to love) to manage and control the Olive as well but I am zero IT savvy and totally lost at the moment. As you know Olive is in a shambles and I've been asking them for guidance to no avail.

Is anybody managing their Olive via JRiver and using JRemote to control it?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Controlling Olive
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:58:43 am »

I don’t know the Olive, but if it were to work as you wish then it would need to have two separate functions operating — namely 1) a digital media server DMS function so that the tracks are visible to MC, and 2) a digital media renderer DMR function so that MC can push those tracks (back) to the Olive to be played.

It seems that you have found the DMR function 2) since it appears that the renderer is visible in MCs top left playing to list..

To check if there is a DMS function 1) in MC you need to try File / Library / Connect to Remote Library, and try entering it’s URL or IP address..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

EfeTe

• Recent member
Re: Controlling Olive
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:44:29 am »

Spectacular, Andrew. I'll give that a go. BTW I am using JRMC22 running wired ethernet to my PS Audio DSjr d/a converter and the Olive is also part of the chain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up