INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today's Challange  (Read 2465 times)

eljr

• World Citizen
Today's Challange
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:52:56 pm »

On multi disc sets, normally I would see a line that said disc 1, then cover art for the disc, then the individual tracks.

Then again for disc 2 and 3 and ....

Now, although in ordered, there is no spacing between discs nor large cover art for each disc.

Can someone explain how to get back the separate disc view?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Today's Challange
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 04:01:23 pm »

look at the tags on a multi disc set that is working for you and then at this set....see if you can find a difference. let me know if you do.  ;)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 03:49:31 am »

look at the tags on a multi disc set that is working for you and then at this set....see if you can find a difference. let me know if you do.  ;)

all multi sets are now changed to this unwanted view

This is the unwanted view:

This is the wanted view.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:15:52 am »

Try cycling the view.  Ctrl-U.

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:04:51 am »

Try cycling the view.  Ctrl-U.

what needs be highlighted? where?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 08:23:50 am »

Most people want to go the other way from what you are trying to do. They want to combine the multiple disks into one album. But it is also very easy to separate  disks into separate albums, using the appropriate tags.

MC defines a single album using the Album Artist (Auto) tag and the Album tag. An album has all the album and album artist (auto) tags the same.

The first view you show indicates that Album Artist (Auto) and Album are the same. The disc # tag separates them into separate disks, all within one album.

To get the second view, you need to indicate to MC that the tracks are separate albums, which means either Album or Album Artist (Auto) are different. One way to do that is to change the album names for each disc, in this case to something like Two - Disc 1 and Two - Disc 2.  Alternately, you could change Album Artist to different names for each disc, which would change Album Artist (Auto), since the Album Artist tag overrides the automatic calculation of Album Artist (Auto).

You can easily set the cover art for each track, simply by highlighting each track and adding cover art. However, for a cover art view, the first track cover art is used for an album. So, you will only see the cover art for the first track. Once you separate the tracks into two albums, then the cover art for the first track of the second disc will become the cover art for that disc.

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 08:43:56 am »

Most people want to go the other way from what you are trying to do. They want to combine the multiple disks into one album.
both views I posted are one album, multiple disk views.
I am not trying to seperate into differant albums.
I do not want them on the top menu as two different albums.

I want it as in the second picture. One album, disks seperated.

Why all of a sudden JRiver eliminated the view I had I don't know but I do know it occured when I riped a double CD yesterday.

I know in the past I have had to live with the view that popped up again yesterday but I dont recall what the fix was because I had tried so many different things to fix it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 08:48:00 am »

what needs be highlighted??? where??
In any view, you can cycle through the possibilities.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 09:37:59 am »

In any view, you can cycle through the possibilities.

As far as I can tell, none of the views separate by disc #.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 09:54:47 am »

Hover your mouse in the lower header, where it says "two files", just below the Lana Del Ray album in your screenshot, and a menu will appear. This is called the view header menu.

From that menu, choose "Group by > More (a-z) > Disc #" and that might sort you out. Will be strange until an album is selected though, and multiple album selections might be a bit off-putting....

-marko

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:32 am »

Yes, that does it. Unfortunately, for single disc albums that do not have a disc #, it says unassigned, but that could be fixed by just setting disc # to 1 for single disc albums.   And, as you say, multiple album selection is funky.

You can do basically the same thing by adding disc # to the Category column under customize view.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 10:13:35 am »

Funky, yes, and has some of us scratching our heads, but, it is what eljr is showing in the second screenshot, and appears, from said screenshot, to be what is wanted....

eljr

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 01:26:02 pm »

Hover your mouse in the lower header, where it says "two files", just below the Lana Del Ray album in your screenshot, and a menu will appear. This is called the view header menu.

From that menu, choose "Group by > More (a-z) > Disc #" and that might sort you out. Will be strange until an album is selected though, and multiple album selections might be a bit off-putting....

-marko

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I knew it had to be simple there is just so much in this program that's its overwhelming.

I'd never go mess with stuff that deep in without guidance. I am sacred to death of what may happen. :) (joke but serious)

Pages: [1]   Go Up