INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Marantz AV7703 As DLNA Renderer Issues (Audio) [Solved]  (Read 2187 times)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Using Marantz AV7703 As DLNA Renderer Issues (Audio) [Solved]
« on: January 21, 2018, 03:17:50 pm »

I just set up a new HP i3 8 gig ram laptop with Windows 10 1709 running JRiver x64 for an acquaintance of mine. This laptop is on 24/7 and used solely to run JRiver (controlled by JRemote) as an audio player via USB DAC locally to a high end system in his man cave, and to serve audio via DLNA over wired network to his new Marantz AV7703 AV Pre Tuner in another room. Music source is a Synology, with various music types (Red Book, DSD, etc.).

Initial setup went smooth, the AV was seen immediately in MC. We are having issues when sending audio to the AV. When playing audio the picture (album art) sometimes goes away but returns when restarting the song. Also the sound is bass heavy and somewhat "muffled".

Are there any recommended DLNA settings for this unit? Right now I have the DLNA server set to "Mode: Original". I read somewhere that "PCM 24 Bit" may be a good option. I don't have any of the "special" DLNA flags set.

One thing I found interesting in the owner's manual, see attachment:

If the image size (pixels) of an album artwork exceeds 500 × 500 (WMA/MP3/WAV/FLAC/Apple Lossless/DSD) or 349 × 349 (MPEG-4 AAC), then music may not be played back properly.

I wonder what issues a larger embedded image can cause? I like the fact they mentioned MC.

Any recommendations here?
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using Marantz AV7703 As DLNA Renderer Issues (Audio)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:02:58 am »

As a general rule “Original” should be best. However original files include tags and art images that in your case apparently might cause your renderer to fall over. So if you want to push “pure” audio then set MC to convert to PCM L16 No Header.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Using Marantz AV7703 As DLNA Renderer Issues (Audio)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:09:36 pm »

Thanks. He let me know today all is well. Ends up he changed the Marantz input to Internet Radio and works flawlessly.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Using Marantz AV7703 As DLNA Renderer Issues (Audio) [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 02:39:57 pm »

Reviving this thread.....

He called the other day to let me know he has a strange issue now (may have always been present):

He is using JRemote on an IPad.... the IPad volume control also controls the Marantz volume control directly.... which I think is unusual but I haven't been there to troubleshoot yet. Needless to say, he is concerned for his speakers' well being (Martin Logan).

In JRiver the audio volume is set to "disabled" for the local zone (different room), and there is no such apparent setting for DLNA. He is running MC 23.104.

Is there a way to "disable" DLNA control volume within MC? If not this may be a question for the Marantz folks. Of course the Marantz manual barely skims over DLNA....

Thanks.

tjones20

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 07:25:56 am »

I apologize as this is not a response to this topic but I need help. I can't get cover art when I rip my cd to flac. When I get on this forum my screen does not show a "new topic" option to ask a question. Can somebody please tell me how to post a new topic if my screen doesn't show "new topic"? I find JRiver s support to be exceptionally frustrating - please help! Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 07:27:10 am »

New topic is a button on the upper right corner of the index page (up a level).
Pages: [1]   Go Up