INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Set Up JRiver with ultraRendu  (Read 1900 times)

aggielaw

How to Set Up JRiver with ultraRendu
« on: January 23, 2018, 11:01:36 am »

Hi all!  New to the forum, and I apologize in advance if my search failed to turn up an applicable answer to this somewhere else on the board.

Before I shell out the absurd asking price of a JRiver competitor I'd like to test JRiver in my system.  I've read JRiver sounds better from several sources, and based on the performance of my new hardware I suspect this will be the case for me as well.

My setup:

Windows 7 computer in living room with lossless FLAC files on internal hard drive;

ASUS AC-1900RT router;

My stereo is in the basement.  My digital front end consists of a Sonore ultraRendu feeding an LKS Audio MH-D004 DAC.

The computer and the ultraRendu are hard wired to the router.

The ultraRendu is controlled by a tablet or phone;  I prefer to use my Android tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3).

If I install JRiver on the Win7 computer, how do I configure it and the ultraRendu to work together, and then how do I configure them for optimal quality playback?  What software do I need on my Android tablet to control the ultraRendu for playback?

Many thanks in advance for your advice!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to Set Up JRiver with ultraRendu
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:55:48 am »

If the ultraRendu supports UPnP / DLNA,  you can use that.  The wiki has a topic on DLNA.  You could also read the Media Network topic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up