INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.201 beta  (Read 13006 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 9.1.201 beta
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2003, 07:52:10 am »

This is the third version of 9.1 that I install and none of them has ever worked. Each time MC9.1 failed to load the database and said it is corrupted. When I reinstall version 9.0 the same DB works well.
Any Idea ?
Rgds

If the database works in 9.0, but not in 9.1, please email me a copy: matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Hopefully it'll be a quick fix.  Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ssamadhi97

• Recent member
  • in_shn dev
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2003, 08:25:30 am »

Yup..

I've noticed two flaws in MC9, one of them specific to the 9.1 beta:

1) The "import media" dialog -does not- list file types & look for files that are "only" supported through 3rd party plugins! (same problem in 9.0)

(or the SDK simply doesn't tell me how to fully register my additional file type?)

2) The almighty NO SKIN skin can't be selected any more..  :-|

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2003, 08:37:49 am »

gkerber: I do the same thing NoCodeUK does... I name the greatest hits with the artist. But even if not... when you get the list of unplugged albums, doesn't it show the artist? You can include artist in the multi-sort, then select the album full of songs from the list. Not as elegant as getting a final list with just that artist's album. Hmmmm, maybe put an extra artist sort at the END of the sort list? ...Album/Artist
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
Media Center 9.1.201 Hangs Between Ripping CD's
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2003, 08:42:22 am »

Trying to rip consecutive CD's hangs MC.  (Appears to be a problem with refreshing CD contents data?). After successfully ripping a CD, if another is placed in the tray and a rip is attempted it just hangs at "Initializing..." the 1st song. Attempts to "Cancel" do not work. MC isn't hung, just the Ripping function. (you can play other media, etc.). The only way to get out of the hung "CD Rip (Copy)" dialog is to shut down MC.  This has occured on 3 different CDROMs so I don't suspect hardware.

Here's the info on the OTHER 2 CDROMs not listed in Sys report:
Artec Model DHI-G40- IDE-DVD 16X, MSI Model MS-8332- IDE 32x12x40

-----------------

Media Center Registered 9.1.201 -- C:\Program Files\_MULTIMEDIA\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2386 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 534 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: YAMAHA   CRW2200E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

courtofaudit

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2003, 08:51:08 am »

I have to say that I used Helium and Music Library parallel for a long time. But now MC is winning the race.
Congratulations.

(If anybody needs an old version, I have saved all from 90088 up to 91201)

rocketsauce

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2003, 08:53:50 am »

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2003, 09:53:22 am »

Can we have a 'delete empty folder' dialogue when we delete files, like we do when we move files?  When I delete a bunch of albums (after I burn them to data CD), I have to go back through every folder to see if they're empty.

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2003, 09:55:18 am »

Also, can we have the option of having more 'last used commands' at the top of the menu? I LIKE that thing! :)

Would be kewl if we could set it for 3 or 4 commands, like a 'command history.'

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2003, 09:59:40 am »

You can.

Fire up Regedit and change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\MRUCommandCount

to be the number of commands you want.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2003, 10:04:21 am »

2 Biggest bugs to fix in my opinion -

The lag when starting playing the first track.  (This is getting really annoying)

Dbl Clicking an album in the library is strting it playing in a random order.  It was Alphabetical.  Now it appeas to be random but it is the same random each time if that makes sense ;D

Adam

EDIT:  It doesn't appear to be all albums that are being sent screwily.  I am just trying to see if I can work out a pattern

EDIT 2:  Okay this is odd.  Most of my albums seem to send okay.  The ones that don't are all from this year but not all the albums from this year fail if that makes sense.  I don't think it is down to when they were ripped as CD 1 of Paul McCartney Back in the World is fine, CD 2 is screwy.  I am gonna check if it is something in the tags...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2003, 10:23:04 am »

Ive managed to do something MC, so that whatever view scheme I click on in the Media Library tree node, the active tree node flicks to the Playlists node. Playlists will display (albeit with Playlists node not the actual smartlist active in the tree), but I get nothing in Media Library except Artist/Album panes. Cant figure out what I did - I was messing about with view schemes at the time - Ill keep playing. A restart fixed it though.

Sorry if Im polluting the bug thread. Im sure these will be addressed eventually.

Right clicking on a column and choosing 'add new column' - this add's it to the very end - can it instead add it to the right of whichever column we click on?

Any chance of being able to drag and drop the columns to swap their order? (drag the third one to make it second etc like we do with field columns in the media library)

Got to support Nila here. Would prefer 'Insert Column', or draggable columns (or both :))

Personally Id rather left click on the view scheme pane titles to sort ascending or descending, and right click to get the 'add column' etc menu.

Also the taskbar must work as standard - shortcut keys, etc.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2003, 10:51:52 am »

I am totally owned by the new Library Pane system and '[Year] - [Album]' stuff.  

The only thing I wish I could do would be to sort the View Schemes under Media Library by my own order rather than the Media Type/Alphabetized list that currently exists.
Toast goes in the toaster.

gkerber

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2003, 11:17:40 am »

Can we have a 'delete empty folder' dialogue when we delete files, like we do when we move files?  When I delete a bunch of albums (after I burn them to data CD), I have to go back through every folder to see if they're empty.

Yes - that would be great.  I vote TWICE for this one too.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2003, 11:32:16 am »

You can.

Fire up Regedit and change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\MRUCommandCount

to be the number of commands you want.

DOOF, THANK YOU ... I've been wondering where that was ... !!!

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2003, 12:00:59 pm »

User Definited Library Fields
You can't display square brackets.  Example:  I want to display '[Year] Album' but the formula '[[Date (year)]] [Album]' does not work.  Is there some way to not interpolate the brackets?  Perhaps, '\[[Date (year)]\] [Album]'?

Albums Starting on Wrong Track
When I double-click an album to start playing, it will sometimes start on a random track rather than the first one regardless of sort order.

HTTP Streaming
Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly.  This has been going on for a long time.
Toast goes in the toaster.

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2003, 12:08:12 pm »

More wishes :)

1- Display full information (Artist, Album, Currently playing item) in the navigation area (white box above transport slider) The area is certainly large enough

2- Would be really cool if more than one visualization window could be displayed at a time (i.e. side by side)
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2003, 12:16:29 pm »

Doof: VERY kewl! Would be nice if there were an option for that though, hidden in the general options or something... :)

gkerber

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2003, 12:23:00 pm »

Albums Starting on Wrong Track
When I double-click an album to start playing, it will sometimes start on a random track rather than the first one regardless of sort order.

I've seen this too.

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2003, 12:43:34 pm »

gkerber, are you double clicking on a group of highlighted filenames? When I do this, I often find that whatever player plays the songs, starts on whichever file I happened to click on. If I dbl click file 1, it'll start there. I notice this when I right-click a group of highlited files and choose an action, or if I drag a group of files somewhere.

OR, are you dbl-clicking on the album name somewhere? In that case, what is your current sort... if track number isn't there that may be doing it?

(I know these aren't solutions, but it may help to determine what to fix)

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2003, 12:54:15 pm »

While I'm editing a smartlist, I often push return key when I finished my edit.  Then, MC9.1 immediately start play back this smartlist although I was listening others and just editing this.  Is it possible to not play music by return key?  I know I don't need to push return key and am trying to not push return key.  However, pushing return key after edit is my regular behavior and it's really hard to stop this if and only if I'm using MC9...

Thanks.

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2003, 01:06:27 pm »

jam: It would be best to keep doing return key. Other edit functions will try to edit the wrong entries if you click on something else to finish the edit, so more and more I'm starting to hit the enter key to finish an edit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up