INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Encoder Bybass (for audiophile)  (Read 1632 times)

Highend Audio

• Recent member
DLNA Encoder Bybass (for audiophile)
« on: March 04, 2018, 03:17:07 am »

Please can you add an new Feature like "DLNA Bybass" or "Encoder Bybass" with no encoding and other changes in DLNA Control Mode.

I don't understand that every audio network content goes over the JRiver controlpoint (in this case Windows PC) and not directly from NAS (Synology, SW: MimimServer) to renderer (PS Audio PWDII).

In this case there will be generate a high network traffic (especially with HD Audiofiles) that has negativ effects of sound reproduction.

I got with my Android controlled Bubble UPNP definitely better sounding results at the expense of limited control features.
I really surprised that this effect has nobody noticed over the years.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA Encoder Bybass (especially for audiophil)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 06:36:32 am »

I don't understand that every audio network content goes over the JRiver controlpoint (in this case Windows PC) ...
It doesn't.  When you use a Controller to play audio from a Server to a Renderer, the music files are requested by the Renderer directly from the Server.
In this case there will be generate a high network traffic (especially with HD Audiofiles) that has negative effects of sound reproduction.
You may need to set the conversion on the DLNA Server.  It's in Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or Edit Servers.

Highend Audio

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 06:55:49 am »

It doesn't.  When you use a Controller to play audio from a Server to a Renderer, the music files are requested by the Renderer directly from the Server.You may need to set the conversion on the DLNA Server.  It's in Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or Edit Servers.

Under Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or Edit Servers i activate always the Modus Original. I got traffic all the time after i start a song.
I check this over Taskmanager > Performance > LAN in and outcoming traffic Graph. (several megabites)
With an other UPNP Controller i had minimal traffic in this situation and it sounds better. (several kilobites)

Highend Audio

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:29:16 pm »

Why don't you add a "simple" UPNP Controller function?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 02:24:51 pm »

The MC CP has to keep an eye on the state of the renderer. Even if the media is streaming directly between server and renderer. This state monitoring requires TCP traffic between the renderer and the CP (either event notifications, or status polling..)
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Highend Audio

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:01:00 pm »

The MC CP has to keep an eye on the state of the renderer. Even if the media is streaming directly between server and renderer. This state monitoring requires TCP traffic between the renderer and the CP (either event notifications, or status polling..)
That does not really answer my question.

The typically traffic with wav or aif is about 1,5-1,6 Mb => 16/44,1kHz.
This is the summery of the rawdata of 1,411 Mb with 0,1 - 0,2 kb polling and event notifications.
Pages: [1]   Go Up