INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 24.0.15 -- Available Here  (Read 12902 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 24.0.15 -- Available Here
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:18:04 pm »

Download standard build
This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 24.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240015.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240015-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

24.0.15 (4/13/2018)

1. Changed: Replaced the Java for Blu-ray Menu playback with a different version for better compatibility with certain discs.
2. Fixed: Media Center could hang when encountering read errors on Blu-ray discs.
3. Fixed: Playback of BD-J Blu-rays could erroneously not report any available chapters.
4. Fixed: Updated the ModernCards skins to properly support Split Views (thanks marko & Awesome Donkey).

24.0.14 (4/12/2018)

1. NEW: Added support for Foobar playlist files (FPL).
2. Fixed: Opening a drop down pane when there was a search with no results could crash.  Now search resets the drop down pane selection.
3. Fixed: A bug in sidecar support introduced in build 13 caused audio or image tagging to report error erroneously.

24.0.13 (4/11/2018)

1. Changed: Tooltips will show for 90 seconds instead of 30 seconds.
2. NEW: Added the option to use YouTube TV for the YouTube view to Options > Services > YouTube.
3. Fixed: The sizing of the Manage Library Fields... dialog could be wrong with certain skins.
4. Changed: Switched the calls for the web service of Streaming to route directly into the player instead of having to have Media Network enabled.
5. NEW: Sidecar file support for audio, data, image, as well as video files.

24.0.12 (4/10/2018)

1. NEW: Added the expression function NoArticles(...) to remove the articles from a string.
2. Fixed: Possible fix for problems when transcoding to MP3 to network clients.
3. Changed: Ripping a Blu-ray disc includes the disc certificate, which is used to determine the Disc Id by some tools.
4. NEW: Added an option to configure the Region Code for Blu-ray playback.
5. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: Audio streaming/analysis/conversion could stall under specific circumstances since 24.0.6.
7. NEW: Switched the default skin to Modern Cards: Grey Edition (Thanks, Awesome Donkey).  The old default was Noire, set under View > Skins.
8. Changed: Switched the default to gapless playback instead of cross-fading.
9. Changed: Removed the option to Play Radio Paradise from the file menu.

24.0.11 (4/7/2018)

1. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
2. Changed: Made "Date Last Opened" clear-able in the editor.
3. Fixed: JTV recordings' index files (.JTI) could be corrupt in some cases, causing seeking during playback to be very inefficient.
4. NEW: Streaming is now at the root level of the tree, with Podcasts under it.
5. Changed: Television engine internal reorganization.

24.0.10 (4/2/2018)

1. Fixed: Handheld Syncing could fail to find any files on some devices.
2. Fixed: Blu-ray Menu playback could fail to load Java in 24.0.8.
3. Fixed: Playing Blu-ray particles that pointed to a MPLS file but had the BDMV file type could fail.
4. Changed: Added the option to switch to Blu-ray Title playback to the OSD menu.
5. Fixed: F11 wouldn't jump to fullscreen in all webpage views.
6. Changed: Ctrl+F isn't translated in web views as a Media Center command so it instead shows the web browser find.
7. Changed: When upgrading to MC24 from an earlier version the entire "<JRiver AppData>\Media Center xx\Settings\" folder is copied over, instead of only some individual settings files.  This change will allow mc2xml settings to be migrated smoothly so there will not be mc2xml popups when MC runs EPG loading in the background for the first time.
8. NEW: Added an MCWS function to start Radio Paradise playback: Playback/PlayRadioParadise.

24.0.9 (3/30/2018)

1. Fixed: Panel - The player would not advance to the next track after an audio file finished playing in some cases.
2. Changed: Increased performance of the Fast Fourier transform for Spectrum Analysis.
3. NEW: F11 in a web browser view now jumps to full screen, instead of showing Theater View.
4. NEW: Added a new landing page to Streaming views in the tree.

24.0.8 (3/29/2018)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Fixed: Copying Cover Art folder from MC23 to MC24 during upgrade installation did not work.
3. Fixed: Panel video time seeking.
4. Changed: Marked several more strings for translation based on the feedback from Interact.
5. Changed: Renamed "Connected Media" to "Streaming".
6. Changed: Playing Radio Paradise will jump to Playing Now.
7. Changed: Updated all translation files with the latest strings from the source code.
8. Changed: Added the dates of the files to playback from Radio Paradise.
9. Fixed: 2D Visualizations did not render properly in Media Center 64-bit.
10. Fixed: When a TV recording was played while it was still being recorded, the bookmark was not saved properly if recording stopped before playback stopped.
11. Fixed: Panel - The play/pause button on iOS devices would sometimes display incorrectly if Panel assumed the player was playing when it actually wasn't.
12. NEW: Java for Blu-ray Menu playback is downloaded and installed automatically like other playback dependencies.
13. Fixed: When using EVR with Blu-ray Menu playback, interactive graphics could get stuck on top of the video instead of being cleared properly.
14. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
15. Changed: If you hold the Windows key down when entering numbers on the number pad in Theater View it will enter the number instead of typing like a phone.
16. Changed: Theater View now uses OpenGL by default.
17. Fixed: When setting a TV Channel logo using "Add From File..." and choosing to "copy this image to the cover art location you have specified in options", the PNG file was converted to JPG, losing transparency.
18. Fixed: When setting a TV Channel logo using "Add From File..." and choosing to "copy this image to the cover art location you have specified in options", the image file was saved in "Files" subfolder instead of "TV Logos" subfolder.
19. Changed: When setting a TV Channel logo the [Image File] field is set only if the file is located outside of the Cover Art folder.
20. Changed: Increased the chance of matching when searching for a TV channel logo automatically from the "TV Logos" folder.
21. Changed: If one watches a TV show while it is being recorded, the bookmark will be saved every ten seconds instead of only when recording or watching stops.
22. Fixed: If one watched the second of two consecutive TV recordings while both were being recorded, the first show would be erroneously bookmarked at its end.
23. Changed: Capitalization will capitalize Mc... tokens with two capital letters instead of only the M.
24. NEW: Added a "Date Tagged" field that will get set to the current time anytime a field other than ones associated with normal playback are set.
25. Changed: Blu-ray Menu Playback is disabled when playing a Particle (either Title or Playback Range based Particle).
26. Changed: Added a wait message to the start of Radio Paradise playback.
27. NEW: Added a "Date Last Opened" that gets set as soon as playback is started.
28. Changed: Time-shifting reader filter behaves better when encountering a corrupted index file.
29. Changed: Added code to prevent a possible race condition in TV time-shifting writer.

24.0.7 (3/16/2018)

1. Fixed: Radio Paradise cover art could be wrong later in the playlist.
2. NEW: Sat>IP TV channels can be scanned from transport stream (we no longer need to rely on Sat>IP server to provide channel list m3u file).  It works for "dvbs/s2" modulation system only at this stage.
3. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).

24.0.6 (3/16/2018)

1. Fixed: Get Movie and TV Info... could be cropped on a high resolution display.
2. Changed: Made the tagging errors message box also copy the error log to clipboard.
3. Changed: Made the link timing dialog allow up to 5 seconds of correction instead of only 2 seconds.
4. NEW: Added cover art to the Play Radio Paradise selection.
5. NEW: Re-designed Handheld backend using Windows Portable Devices (WPD).
6. NEW: Radio Paradise shows individual track names, artists, albums, and artwork (instead of having several files together).
7. Changed: The QuickTime Playback Engine has been removed.
8. Fixed: The sorting menu didn't scale nicely on high DPI.
9. Fixed: Zone link syncing wasn't working if all linked zones were local.

24.0.5 (3/13/2018)

1. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
2. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
3. NEW: Playback from library server will issue a wake request before starting playback to wake a sleeping server.
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Fixed: OpenGL Theater View could sometimes get stuck and freeze.
6. NEW: DLNA: Set serial number of renderer and servers to the list of interface mac addresses. Use Serial number mac addresses if they exist to send WOL packets to DLNA renderers.
7. NEW: Better multi-zone syncing. Work in progress.
8. Changed: When upgrading from MC23 to MC24, the images in the cover art folder will be copied over from MC23.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 24.0.15 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:21:05 pm »

2. NEW: Added the option to use YouTube TV for the YouTube view to Options > Services > YouTube.
not sure if this is fixable on your end but thought I'd mention it anyway, youtube/tv doesn't honour the login process available from via options screen, it will ask you to activate/login again anyway

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:04:08 pm »

not sure if this is fixable on your end but thought I'd mention it anyway, youtube/tv doesn't honour the login process available from via options screen, it will ask you to activate/login again anyway

I don't think this is a bug, as it seems to be normal behaviour in a normal browser as well - having to log in again. I'm looking fwd to testing how it goes with casting from a device etc.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 10:51:08 am »

Using the new streaming feature, when clicking RadioParadise it causes MC to hang in MCs usual way of taking over the whole screen removing the Start menu and task bar so the only way out is to Alt Tab.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 11:07:10 am »

Wait.  It takes 30 to 45 seconds to load the playlist.

stewart_pk

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 10:37:02 pm »

Just like MC23, SHOUTCAST is broken in Theater View.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 09:44:24 am »

Wait.  It takes 30 to 45 seconds to load the playlist.
It is actually taking over 60 seconds to work for me, during which time MC is completely unresponsive.
Maybe a note from the UI that it is connecting to the service would help so that users know something is happening?
And if possible run this in another thread so that the UI does not freeze during this time?
When connected it does sound really good though :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:01:13 am »

We added a wait message a few builds ago, but apparently it's not there now. 

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 04:57:34 pm »

While watching series using "play all" in theater view, volume is reset to startup volume when jumping to next file.
This does not happen with music btw.
Yes I'm using volume protection, and no I won't disable it as the soundcard is going straight to poweramp.
Never happened to me since v21. Before upgrading I was in v23 .102.

Ginman

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 05:35:13 am »

Just to let you know that the Spectrum Analyser does not always work.  Occasionally, it freezes when it works.

Thanks.

Zbig

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 10:38:10 pm »

Any idea when Mac version will be available?

thank you very much
Zbigniew

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 11:20:56 pm »

Check the Mac board :-)

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 06:11:12 am »

Switching to full screen Theater View in Build 15 moves the current time display to the top right and superimposes it over the menu item "Display View" instead of keeping it at the bottom right where it doesn't obscure other items onscreen.

rec head

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 09:44:46 am »

Not a complaint, just a comment:

I'm not a big fan of the new default skin but this made me actually try some of the other ones. I forget what I settled on but it looks good now. I never wanted to mess with them before because I didn't want to cause any problems and I have read people asking what skin is being used when trying to diagnose problems.

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 04:45:48 pm »

Can someone here confirm whether the adjust link timing works in MC24? Both delay and adjust link timing is not working for me in zones. Never had the problem with MC20 to MC23 where I can sync all zone using the slider or delay in the parametric equalizer.
My complete system setup in website

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 05:00:15 pm »

Did you follow the instructions?  Might be worth double checking.

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 06:46:06 pm »

Did you follow the instructions?  Might be worth double checking.

I did double check but i guess no harm retrying again. I will reinstall again and try later. Will post a video of all the settings. Btw, could this problem be because I am using a third party plugins?  Same plugins and settings with MC20 to 23 without problem.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 08:27:42 am »

64bit: Search is very slow and often crashes MC. CTRL+F also doesn't work anymore (I think it worked at first). CTRL+E works

ST

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 09:28:12 am »

I did double check but i guess no harm retrying again. I will reinstall again and try later. Will post a video of all the settings. Btw, could this problem be because I am using a third party plugins?  Same plugins and settings with MC20 to 23 without problem.

Ok. Managed to sync. Unlike previous versions where you can slide in real time while music is playing where the effect takes place automatically, MC24 requires a stop and replay. It is not a problem for a few zones but a nightmare for me due to too many zones. For some weird reason the subwoofer zone requires +720ms adjustment!!! Under MC23 I only needed - few tens.

Not Me

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 11:39:35 am »

After installing 24.0.15 (64 bit) when I reboot Windows 10 the media center server does not start automatically. I have to go into the program and start it. Then if I reboot it still does not restart. Because of this I lost 3 days of TV show recording. I don't understand the we were not warned about this change. I can't find it in Services so I can't set it to auto start.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 01:09:06 pm »

After installing 24.0.15 (64 bit) when I reboot Windows 10 the media center server does not start automatically. I have to go into the program and start it. Then if I reboot it still does not restart. Because of this I lost 3 days of TV show recording. I don't understand the we were not warned about this change. I can't find it in Services so I can't set it to auto start.
Silly question but do you have it set to start in Tools>Options>Startup>Windows Startup>Run on Windows Startup:Media Server

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 09:58:19 am »

64bit:
MC loses panel selection when doing search after you have selected something in panel. Latest v.23 (32bit) keeps the selected filtering

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 12:59:22 pm »

While watching series using "play all" in theater view, volume is reset to startup volume when jumping to next file.
This does not happen with music btw.
Yes I'm using volume protection, and no I won't disable it as the soundcard is going straight to poweramp.
Never happened to me since v21. Before upgrading I was in v23 .102.
About that, when volume is set at any value but nothing has been played for some time, starting playback again will bring volume back to startup volume.
Pages: [1]   Go Up