INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Port Forwarding to MC23 running on two different PCs - Is it possible?  (Read 753 times)

tomobrien

Hi all,
I am running MC23 on an HTPC and, as a backup, a laptop.  Due to a recent "upgrade" with my cable company (Comcast/XFinity), I had to go from a set up consisting of (1) my own modem and router to (2) their modem/gateway but still running my router downstream of their hardware.  Therefore, I had to learn about port to port forwarding, which I successfully did on my laptop (while the wife and I watched TV on the monitor that the HTPC is connected to).  Then, when I attempted to connect to the JRiver server from MC23 on the HTPC, I had no luck until I deleted the port forwarding to the laptop.  Note:  I was using port 52189 for the laptop (successfully) and the default 52199 for the HTPC (again no success until I deleted the forwarding of 52189).  Is this normal behavior? 

I was hoping to have a set up for long trips away from home I could have the laptop running as back up in case of a power outage where the HTPC would probably hang when the power is restored.  The laptop, having a battery, would theoretically remain up and running during the power failure (which are infrequent and of short duration in my neighborhood).  This isn't an urgent issue but I am curious if anyone has an answer out there.  Thanks in advance.  - Tom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please try the topic called "Network Access" on our wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up