INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oddities in 9.1.197 beta (Please Verify)  (Read 1690 times)

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Oddities in 9.1.197 beta (Please Verify)
« on: June 10, 2003, 08:16:08 pm »

I was asked to start a separate thread, so here goes.

[Uninstalling]

When trying to completely uninstall MC v.9.1.196, the "Media Center 9.1" entry is not removed from the Add/Remove list (registry entry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Unistall).  Also, a bunch of other clutter is left in the system directory.  (Sorry, but this is just a pet peeve of mine.:))

[No Window on First Run]

When installing 9.1.196 fresh, the first time it executes, it fails to create a window.  An icon is created on the task bar, but it doesn't do anything.  I had to end the task and restart again.  (It behaves normally on the second execution.)

Interestingly, I did this twice:  once with my database left intact from previous uninstall, and once after a full uninstall.  Both times, a window wasn't drawn, but with the one without a database, it did import my media first before it appeared to die.

[Empty Search Bar Results]

In this build, a change was made so that pressing enter in an empty search window is not suppose to update the playlist:

10. Changed: Search -> Enter on search with no results doesn't do anything now.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the change made, but for me, this still ends up clearing all the tracks except the one currently playing.

To produce:

• Right-click on something (an album) in your media library and select Play;
  • Switch to Playing Now view (Ctrl-2);
  • Click on "<search here>" text and then hit <enter> key;
  • Your playlist will now be empty with the exception of the first song.

[Lost Mouse Events] (UPDATE:  Fixed in B197)

After clicking on the playback icons, the window seems to not release the mouse focus until you LEFT-click on something else at least once.

To produce:

• Open your Media Library and select (highlight) a branch that has some songs in it;
  • Left-click on the play icon (music should start playing);
  • At this point, RIGHT-clicking on anything (media tree or track listings) has no effect (and repeated right-clicking doesn't help);
  • The first single left-click (again, anywhere) has no effect, but after that first click, things start acting normally again.
[/s]

Omni

Marko

Re: Oddities in 9.1.196 beta (Please Verify)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 11:30:17 pm »

[Empty Search Bar Results]

Confirmed.... and then some more....

In the media library, load up a list of tracks, (all mp3 for me) click in the search window, the "<search here>" text is replaced by the flashing 'typing' cursor, hit the enter key. This causes everything in the list to be moved into 'playing now' (replace) and the top entry (seq1) to start playing. Now repeat the click in search and hit enter and everything in playing now vanishes except for the currently playing track...

[Lost Mouse Events]

Confirmed. Noticed this last night with the .195 release too.

I don't have the time to test the uninstaller/fresh install issues atm, if I can get to it this evening, I'll pop back and post the results.

-marko.

Media Center Registered 9.1.196 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1611 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 639 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Listening to....
on Media Center 9.1

Omni

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 12:23:21 am »

Thanks, Marko.  At least I know I'm not nuts.

About your addition, yes, I get that, too.  I didn't know if it was a feature or a bug, though, so I left it out of my list. :)

About the uninstalling/fresh-install thing, yeah, that's sort of out of place in my "Please Verify" context.  I just cited it because Jim asked me to uninstall and then reinstall, and when I did, those things showed up.  I just wanted to get them "in the record, " so to speak.

Omni

stuart_tetley

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 08:00:00 am »

I found another mouse clicking oddity in 9.1.196.  If you click too quickly on any of the playback buttons (when skipping tracks for exmple) MC sometimes thinks you're double-clicking the title bar, and jumps from maximized to normal window (or back.) ?

221bBS

Re: Oddities in 9.1.197 beta (Please Verify)
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 03:59:11 pm »

[No Window on First Run]

When installing 9.1.196 fresh, the first time it executes, it fails to create a window.  An icon is created on the task bar, but it doesn't do anything.  I had to end the task and restart again.  (It behaves normally on the second execution.)

Interestingly, I did this twice:  once with my database left intact from previous uninstall, and once after a full uninstall.  Both times, a window wasn't drawn, but with the one without a database, it did import my media first before it appeared to die.

Confirmed

Ever since the first release of 9.1

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 04:00:58 pm »

Is MC minimized?  Check startup options.

221bBS

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 04:23:10 pm »

Is MC minimized?  

MC is not minimized...There's just no screen. Clicking on the taskbar icon does nothing. When I try to right click on the taskbar icon no menu shows either. I have to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to get the task manager to end the program.

Check startup options.

Startup options always revert to their default since I uninstall MC Everytime I download the new beta.
Pages: [1]   Go Up