INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How in the world do you do this??  (Read 1805 times)

aeliayousaf

How in the world do you do this??
« on: May 12, 2018, 09:48:46 am »

I'm new to jriver, and on the trial version - but before i purchase it I want to know how to organize my video files in theater view. I have different folders for my movies (like comedy, action, bass testing, trailers etc.). Every time i import my my movie files from my server they are all over the place. I really do not want to go and create tags for each and every movie manually as i have over 1000 movies - there should simply be a "create category" and click and drag folders into that category.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How in the world do you do this??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 10:06:18 am »

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 02:21:25 pm »

hello aeliayousaf and welcome to Interact and JRiver Media Center
sounds like you want to sort by genre, make sure your tags are correct for genre and you should be good to go...MC can do it all...huge learning curve...good luck
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 10:34:09 pm »

Select a couple of movies that are in different genre folders. Right click, select Library Tools> Fill Properties from Filenames

You can play with the settings there, or read the wiki if it exists, and get it so that MC reads the name of the folder the movie is in and fills the Genre field using that.
Once you know how to do that with those two files, you can select all your files and do them all at the same time.
Just be sure that your files are organised in a consistent manner, or run the tool several times to accommodate the different file structures you have for your movies.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:26:36 pm »

Select a couple of movies that are in different genre folders. Right click, select Library Tools> Fill Properties from Filenames

Specifically, use the Template capability of that function: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,78206.msg531772.html#msg531772
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 10:10:33 pm »

Specifically, use the Template capability of that function: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,78206.msg531772.html#msg531772

Fantastic resource you linked to.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 10:25:06 pm »

Fantastic resource you linked to.

:D  Sometimes my Search Mojo is strong.

Highlighted "Fill Properties from Filenames" in your post, right-click then select "Search Google for 'Fill Properties from Filenames'", multiple hits in JRiver Wiki, pick https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Fill_Properties_from_Filename, click included link to thread.

It is amazing what you can find with a bit of Search Mojo. Of course it helps if you know what you are looking for!  ;D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 10:34:04 am »

:D  Sometimes my Search Mojo is strong.

Highlighted "Fill Properties from Filenames" in your post, right-click then select "Search Google for 'Fill Properties from Filenames'", multiple hits in JRiver Wiki, pick https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Fill_Properties_from_Filename, click included link to thread.

It is amazing what you can find with a bit of Search Mojo. Of course it helps if you know what you are looking for!  ;D

I usually use Google for finding MC related items too. I would have typed up a whole explanation had I had time, but as usual, glynor did it already, more thoroughly and with great screenshots. Thanks for the extra work and employing your Search Mojo to find glynor's post!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:18 am »

Search from the main index page of the forum.
or
Use Advanced Search.
or
Use Google.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 06:20:21 pm »

While we are discussing Search Jim, the search function under the JRiver Support page no longer seems to work, and hasn't for a while.

https://www.jriver.com/support.html

I don't know how many people use that function, but when I have it is a "Doh!" moment.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 06:22:55 pm »

Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 08:57:37 am »

Works for me.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 09:10:30 am »

Might be a Win10 thing.  Ask Brad to test.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 09:17:54 am »

Its broken for me as well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 09:22:37 am »

I tested the other search, will look into it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 09:41:57 am »

Ok, it's fixed now.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 06:38:43 pm »

See all you users out there reading, all you have to do is ask for something to be fixed, and it is fixed!

The search on https://www.jriver.com/support.html now works. :D

Thanks JRiver Team.

aeliayousaf

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 07:28:36 pm »

hey guys thank you all for the suggestions (surprised i did not get any email notifications for my replies - hence a late response)...I am going to try the few suggestions mentioned and get back to you guys.

thank you

aelia.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 10:13:24 pm »

surprised i did not get any email notifications for my replies

You only get an email if you have set up the forum to send you one in your forum "Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications" settings.

Otherwise, you have to come here and check via the "Show new replies to your posts" link above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up