INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver thinks my music is stored on my external CD Player  (Read 540 times)

ricerider

JRiver thinks my music is stored on my external CD Player
« on: May 13, 2018, 12:24:01 pm »

I don't know if it's related but after the most recent windows update JRiver tries to play my entire music library off my external CD player. I'll try and play an album and I'll get a message that the file name doesn't match the location of the file. However, after double-clicking the album I see that there is a duplicate version of the same file on the drive that actually contains the music, I click on that file and it plays. How can I get JRiver to stop trying to play my files off the CD player and only show the actual files when I have my albums displayed?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver thinks my music is stored on my external CD Player
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »

Under the Tools Menu, choose Import, then set up your auto-import options.  You may have it set to import from the CD drive.  You shouldn't do that.

ricerider

Re: JRiver thinks my music is stored on my external CD Player
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 01:21:08 pm »

Thanks for your quick response. I checked out my settings, and the CD player path wasn't even an option, very strange. So, I deleted my entire library from JRiver leaving my library intact, re imported it choosing the actual folder that my music was stored on. Problem fixed, thank you for getting me on the right path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up